Party

Roman's POV:

Thomas informed us that he's having a party tonight. He said he's only inviting a few people over- most likely his close friends- and that it's a sleepover. We all said that it's fine and that we'll join in when we feel like it. Well, everyone except for Virgil.

As you all know, he has really bad anxiety, which includes social anxiety. So, to sum it all up, he's not a fan of parties. I told him that everything will be okay but he won't listen. He keeps freaking out about Thomas hurting himself or one of us making a fool out of themselves and people 'hating' Virgil more. I told him that he has nothing to worry about and that everything will be fine, but he keeps saying that he has this feeling that something really bad will happen. So I'm crossing my fingers and hope that nothing will go bad.

The party is starting now and people are arriving. Joan came in early and so did Jon Cozart. I watch as unknown people walk in, greeting Thomas and they have coolers FULL of beer and wine. I pinch the bridge of my nose. Great. Just what we need. A whole bunch of drunk idiots that Virgil doesn't know to make him freak out more. Great. So fucking great.

Thomas walks over to me with a huge smile on his face. I haven't seen him that happy in a long time. "Hey, Princey, where's Virgil? I was hoping we could all spend time together!" He doesn't know Virgil at all, does he?

I sigh and gesture to upstairs. "He's upstairs in his room."

Thomas' face falls. "Oh. Why?"

"He has social anxiety, so he's too anxious to interact with strangers."

Thomas frowns. "Could you go get him for me? I really want all of you to be here with me." He makes puppy dog eyes and I sigh and give in.

"Fine. But as soon as he starts having a panic attack, I'm bringing him back upstairs and staying with him for the rest of the night. Okay?"

Thomas nods and walks away, leaving me to go get Virgil.

I head upstairs and reach Virgil's door. I knock on it and hear a faint, "Come in."

I walk in to see him drawing in his sketch pad on his bed. He looks up at me and smiles. "Hey there, Princey."

I feel butterflies in my stomach, but I ignore them, and sit next to Virgil. "Thomas told me to come up here and get you."

Virgil's face falls. "Why?"

I sigh. "Because he really really really really really really really really really REALLY wants you to come down and join in on the party. I told him that if you start panicking, I'll bring you back up here and stay with you all night."

Virgil's eyes brighten and he hugs me. "You're the best boyfriend ever."

I smile. "So are you."

Before he says anything self depreciating, I grab his hand and we rush downstairs to the party. Thomas is talking to a group of skater boy looking kids. Patton and Logan are...making out in the corner...well my life is ruined forever...And everything else is chugging down beers and music is blaring and everything is laughing. Even Thomas is having a beer. That's unusual.

I turn to Virgil and ask, "Do you want something to drink?"

He shakes his head and says, "No thanks. I don't drink." He stares down at his feet and avoids eye contact with everyone but me. My poor smol anxious bean.

"Well....." I look up at the ceiling and then back down to his feeble, beautiful figure. "Do you want something to eat?"

He nods and I lead him to the kitchen. People are sitting on the counters and chowing down on snacks and chugging some more alcohol. Jesus Christ...how many people are here? There seems to be 100's of people in this household. I didn't know Thomas knew this many people. Is that an insult? Eh, I don't care. Whatever.