Day One

Roman's POV:

It's been one day.

One day without happiness.

One day without love.

One day without kisses.

One day without hugs.

One day without smiling.

One day without laughing.

One day without all I need.

One day without the sun.

One day without singing Disney songs.

One day without Virgil.

It's been hell. I can't help but cry. Patton brings me food and I keep on asking him how Virgil is doing and he always says, "He's fine." I think Virgil tells him that he's fine so Patton's giving me the honest truth but I don't know anymore. I really miss Virgil. I never knew a heart could ache this much. And I'm worried about him too. What if he cuts himself? What if he starves himself? What if he tries to kill himself......and succeeds? That thought just makes me want to scream and cry. I keep on playing videos of me and him over and over and over again. It doesn't help that much though because he's there, not here, not physically here with me. I miss him. I miss him so much.

I hear a knock on my door and I say come in. Patton comes in with a tray of food and a wrapped present. He sets it on my bed and says, "I'm sorry that we had to separate you kiddos, but I trust Logan's judgement."

I nod, not really wanting to.

He hands me the gift and says, "It's from Virgil. Don't tell Logan that I gave it to you though." And then he leaves, closing and locking the door behind him.

I open up the gift and pull out his black and purple hoodie. Tears well up in my eyes and I hug onto it tightly. I smell and it smells just like him. Then I spot a note. I quickly pick it up, unfold it, and start to read it.

Dear Roman,

I've really missed you. I know it's probably the best for me to stay out of Thomas' hair. Though I don't understand how we cause problems. Anyways, maybe if I didn't fuck up so much this wouldn't have happened. So ya, I'm sorry about that.

And yes, I did cut myself. A lot. On my right arms. I've never cut on that before, but I couldn't help it. It's a struggle to write this because I keep on having panic attacks and sucking up everyone else's sadness and anxiety. I know, I know. You wouldn't want me to do that, but I feel obligated to. After all, this is my fault. Us being separated. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

I really miss you and I want you to have my hoodie so you know just how much I love you. Okay, baby? I love you.

Love,
Virgil

I need to see Virgil soon or else he'll kill himself.