You Are My Sunshine

Roman's POV:

I walk out of Virgil's room- him clinging onto my arm like a koala- and head towards whoever screamed. I enter Logan's room and see him all crumpled up on the floor, blood leaking out of his cheek. I punched him and then slapped him and then kicked him in the ribs. Then I left. And honestly, I feel no mercy.

Patton looks at me in anger and screams in my face, "HOW DARE YOU BEAT UP LOGAN! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU! HE DID NOTHING WRONG!"

I clench my hands into fists and scream back in disbelief, "He was screaming at Virgil and then slapped him! You call that doing 'nothing wrong'!?"

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEAT UP LOGAN FOR IT!"

"Oh yeah?! Why not!?"

"BECAUSE HE HAS A POINT!"

Dead silence fills the room. Logan looks shocked. I feel angry. And Patton just...he looks like he's about to beat the shit out of me. I look down at Virgil to see him with a look of pure shock on his face. And he's crying too.

I frown. My poor little baby.

I kiss his forehead and wipe away his tears. I whisper in his ear, "Everything's going to be okay, baby. Okay? I promise." I look back to Patton and growl, "What do you mean he has a point?"

Patton points at Virgil and says, "Well, he's the trait that harvests all of Thomas' negative thoughts- like anxiety and depression and stuff- so he kinda- well he is-" He sighs again. "Well, he is the bad guy."

I gasp. "Patton! How could you say that?!"

"Oh come on. Don't tell me you don't agree with us!"

I narrow my eyes at him and hug Virgil. "No, I don't agree with you. I think you two are completely wrong." I look at Logan and then Patton. "I know that you two are completely wrong."

"Well, everything was fine before he showed up," Logan musters out, looking at Virgil.

I growl at him and hold Virgil tighter in my arms.

"I agree with Logan," Patton says. "Thomas was much more carefree and happy before Virgil showed up. Yes, I love Virgil to death but...our job is to protect Thomas. And Virgil doesn't protect him. He hurts him."

At this point, Virgil is clutching onto my sash, shaking and crying. I run my fingers through his hair to calm him and say to Patton, "That's where you're completely wrong. Virgil protects Thomas by making sure he looks if a car is coming before crossing the street, makes sure that he locked his car so someone can't steal it, makes sure he is prepared for an audition so he doesn't fail it. We need Virgil. I remember, Patton, that before me and Logan almost threw Virgil into The Forgotten Pit, you stopped us and told us that we need him. Did you just completely forget about that or something or have you just changed?" Patton starts to speak but I interrupt him. "Did you forget how you would always defend him before me and Logan started to get along with him. Before I fell in love with him? Before Logan actually started treating him like a friend? Well, he doesn't do that anymore, but that's not the point. It seems like you have forgotten about what you've done to make us all a big, happy family. And now, you're breaking it up again." A tear slips down my cheek but I continue on. "We even did a video on Accepting Anxiety. But none of you listened, did you?" Patton and Logan both start to say something but I speak before they can. "No, you didn't."

Logan then speaks up. "I see what's going on here."

I narrow my eyes at him. What is he up to?

"And what would that be?" Patton asks, looking at him.

"Virgil and Roman's relationship is corrupting them. Therefore, they must be separated."

"WHAT!" I scream. "YOU ARE NOT SEPARATING ME AND VIRGIL! NO! NO! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!"

Logan says, "But with my conclusions, your relationship with Virgil is corrupting Thomas."

"BULLSHIT!" I kick over a file. "YOU JUST WANT US SEPARATED BECAUSE YOU WANT VIRGIL TO GO AWAY FOREVER! WELL, MARK MY WORDS, I WILL NOT- I REPEAT, WILL NOT- LET THAT HAPPEN!" How could Logan say such a thing?

"I agree with Logan," Patton says. "You two must be separated at once."

I shake my head over and over again, holding Virgil closer, and slowly backing away.

"Roman," Patton says, taking a step towards me. "Give me Virgil."

I shake my head. "Never!"

"Then, I guess I'll just have to do this." He sinks down and then all of a sudden, Virgil is gone from my arms.

"No no no nonononononono. NO!" Hot tears stream down my face as I stare at the arms that once held my beloved.

Then Patton appears in front of me.

"I summoned Virgil to his room, locked his door, locked the barrier between your two's rooms, and made him delete and block your number. So you have no contact with him. You will see him while all four of us are together, but you may not talk to each other, look at each other, and especially not touch each other. Understand?"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" I shriek. "YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME! I'll find a way to get him back! I know I will. I KNOW I WILL!" I end in sobs as I'm forced to go to my room.

I cry and cry, singing a song me and Virgil would sing together...

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I bowed my head and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me and love another
You'll regret it all some day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

You told me once, dear, you really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me and love another
You have shattered all of my dreams

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me
When I awake my poor heart pains
So when you come back and make me happy
I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away."

And Patton took my sunshine away.