4) Boyfriend

Arjun Pov

"I love you baby. No...no, don't worry. I'll take care of everything. I love only you and I'm all yours. Don't take tension" I heard a girl taking when I came out of the washroom. She was talking in high pitch in a girlish tone and I can't help but feel so disgusted.
Girls and their sick drama!

Suddenly the girl turned around and I saw her mesmerising blue orbs. They are so captivating that I stared at her eyes for god knows how long. She abruptly turned around and walked to the door.

I shook my head to clear unnecessary thoughts and made my way to the hall, finishing my business of coming to the washroom.

The talks were going on and I found them pretty boring. After a long time, my dad asked me to see the girl and talk to her personally. Not having any other option, I made my way to the room upstairs guided by a little boy. I thanked him briefly and he ran away.

I entered the room and she was standing there twisting her duppata ends. She was looking at the ground and I made my way towards her after closing the door lightly.

She looked at me and it's the same girl. I got lost again those blue orbs. I kept looking at her intently and found her shifting uncomfortably.

"I have to say something" she started the conversation.

I nodded and we sat on the chair placed in the balcony which was in the room.

"I'm directly coming to the point. I love someone and I don't want this marriage" she stated. I should be happy to hear it right? Thank god!

"Good, even I'm not interested in this marriage" I said and she sighed in relief. Smile appeared on her lips and unknowingly I smiled too.

"So otherwise we are in a good terms right?" She asked and I nodded lightly.

"So what's your name?" She asked and I answered. I asked her name too and by the way she was talking to me, I can easily figure out that she is an easygoing person and very understanding.

After about five minutes, we decided to go downstairs. I was about to open the room door when she held my hand.

I turned around to look at her and she smiled.

"What?" I asked her blankly.

"Smile sometimes. I'm sure you'll look good when you smile" she said and walked past me, leaving me alone at the door.

I recalled her words and a thin line appeared on my lips. I chuckled inwardly finding her antics cute.

Get your head straight Arjun!

Sighing, I went downstairs with her and saw our parents still talking. I sat next to my dad and he patted my hand asking me if everything is ok.

Before I could speak, Yamini's dad interrupted.

He said, "let's have the engagement this month on 25th and marriage the next day."

What?

Yamini Pov

"I don't think this is a good idea" Lekha said this the tenth time and I sighed the tenth time.

"Just shut up, Yami you're idea is perfect. Just do it already" Shanaya supported me and I smiled at her.

I told them my plan of fake talking to my boyfriend in front of the groom and this way I can escape this whole marriage thing,at least for sometime.

I don't know why Lekha found it dangerous but I was relieved when Shanaya supported me.

I am in my room and these two girls are helping me to get ready according to my mother's orders. I put on a white salwar and a multi colour dupatta. I put on a lip gloss and Kajal and I'm done. I usually prefer natural look and I absolutely hate cosmetics. I hardly care about my appearance and that's why my mom is always worried about me. This also made me a bit tomboy. But I care least about all this. All my focus is on my career and I don't want to be distracted by anything.

I heard my mom shouting that the groom has arrived and I suddenly grew tense. Shanaya hugged me and I relaxed a bit.

"Calm down and work out your plan and we'll be out of this" she encouraged me and I nodded. I thought of acting when he is coming to my room to talk cause I asked my dad to give us some time for talking.
But when I heard from my little cousin that he's coming to washroom, I stood near the refrigerator, and did my acting perfectly. I saw Shanaya giving me thumps up sign to encourage me and finally I did it.

After about a few minutes, my father asked me know to take him to my room to talk.

I spoke up directly without giving him a chance to speak. I was very relaxed to see that he is also not interested in this marriage. We talked about random stuff for few minutes until we are called down.

At the door I stopped him by holding his wrist. I asked him to smile more often and even complimented saying that he'll look good if he smiles. I don't know why I said that but it felt right.

Later we both went downstairs and I was waiting for him to speak our decision as we discussed earlier but not so soon, my father dropped a bomb.

He confirmed our engagement and our wedding day.

What?