40) Fated

Yamini Pov

"How about 70-30?" Lucas Melcome asked me. He's just another CEO present in the international business meet.

I heard his company is holding quite a good position in the Italy and US market since a few years. It's his ancestoral company but he took over it since he's the only child. He's done a lot of improvement. I had to study about the people who are attending the party so that I'm not clueless. He's already had a contract with Shayam a couple of times and it's quiet profitable. But this time the profit might take time since the idea he's proposing might take time. In business you can't wait for as long as 3 years to get a benefit of the investment. It's not a good idea. I have to avoid him.

"Umm..I'll have a talk about it to Shayam once I'm back there. I'll connect you with him if he's interested in the deal" I said. Though I'm hundred percent sure Shayam is no way gonna consider it. This is the way to tackle these business minds. It's very easy to be in rival with someone. You never know with whom they have a secret contact and when they'll back stab you. So it's good to just bite your teeth and smile at their monkey faces.

"Oh! I'm sure he'll never decline my offer. Actually no one can" he smirked at me. I know what this idiot is aiming at. I'm not that dumb not to figure out what he wants.

"Oh! I'll make sure he contacts you then" I smiled at him. A fake one.

"Then cheers for our future deal" he said.  The business meeting was successful and the deal which was important for the company is done. I met a few important people who was impressed by my work. I'm glad they are willing to help me. Now I'm in the after party just chilling around.

I saw Lucas picking up two drinks from the waiter and passed me one. I smiled and took it from him.

"Cheers"

We clicked our glass and I took a sip. I can feel the alcohol burning my throat as it slide down to my stomach. I'm not a regular drinker. I can't skip it in such parties.

Suddenly I started missing Arjun very much. I remembered the nightmare which shook my soul. I saw him leaving me and never coming back again. I screamed out loud and woke up to see sweat beads in my forehead. I calmed down after talking to him. I literally can't imagine my life without him now. These two years were the best time of my life. He completes me in every way. I miss him now.

"Up for another one?" I came back to reality to see Lucas pointing at the drinks section. I didn't want to drink but I know if I don't get my head loose I'll again have that insecurity in my mind. I hate that.

I nodded and he lead me to the drinks table.

"Shots please"

The bartender places five shots for each of us. I finished it in no time.

"Wow! What's with the hurry?" He chuckled. I payed no attention to him and asked the bartender to refill the shots. Suddenly my phone rang and it's Vivan.

"Excuse me please" I said in a drunk tone. Going to a corner of the room, I attended the call.

"Hi!" I giggled. Alcohol effects.

"Hey Yami! Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at ...I'm at ...a ..a bar..." I stammered.

"Oh shut! Are you drunk?" He asked and I giggled at his panicked voice.

"Yes" I grinned.

"Oh shit! Yamini why are you at the bar now? Isn't it too early for a drink?" He asked.

"It's an after party" I said stammering. Suddenly my head started to spin again. I wanted to drink again.

"Talk to you later, I have to drink and get drunk now" I ended the call. Going to the bar counter.