36) Promise

Yamini Pov

"All ready?" I asked my assistant.

"Yea, almost. But still some models are dressing up" she answered and I immediately walked to the green room where the models are dressing up.

"Guys! Fast!" I said and they all nodded.

"No, this is not this way" I heard one of the stylist speaking to a model. I walked to her and she's none other than Hansika Malhotra, the precious child of the Black Knights. She's also a very good friend. She has an amazing personality along with beautiful body and face. That's the reason why boys always kiss her feet.

"Hey Hans" she turned to me smiling and stood up from the seat.

"How are you? Long time!" She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I'm great, thanks. Sorry, I didn't know you're the show stopper" I said.

"Actually it's supposed to be Lisa. But she's sick and you weren't in town that time. So your people approached me and since I was free why not do it for you?" She winked and I smiled.

"I'm sure this is going to be a bop" I squealed along with her.

"Mam, there's a letter for you" someone called me. She gestured me to go and I wished her luck.

"Yamini, can you please talk to the stage manager once again regarding the entry and the exit of the models, I guess they are messing it up big time" my assistant said in panicked voice. I got nervous and walked to the stage, placing the envelope on my desk.

"Mr. Kunal" I called the manager.

"Yes miss"

"Are you clear about the entry and the exit of the models? Please coordinate with the lights team according" I said.

"But how will the models re-enter after they are done with one?" He asked. I can't believe he didn't know that till now. This is unbelievable! Sighing I told him everything in detail and he just stood there nodding his head. I doubt if anything got into his head.

"Now all clear?" I asked desperately. This is the first ramp show of Passion for Fashion, my clothing line shop. I want this to get a good review so that I can develop my company more. There are various important business people attending this show and I want to create a lasting impression on them. It's a great thing that Hansika is the show stopper cause she's an international model.

"Yes mam, I understood. I'll coordinate everything properly, don't worry" he said and I sighed in relief. I walked back to the green room to see everything in place. Thank god!

"Hey girl" I turned to see Lekha entering the room with Aditi and Shanaya. I smiled widely looking at them. I went to them and hugged them in happiness.

"Seems like everything is ready!" Aditi said and I nodded.

"Need any help?" Lekha asked.

"Nope, all good" I said.

"Let's go to the entrance" I nodded and walked with them to the entrance. I saw Shanaya looking low. I put my arm around her shoulder and she looked at me. She knew what I was going to ask. We slow down walking letting Lekha and Aditi walk ahead.

"Now tell me" I said pulling her into a corner of the ballroom. Though people are around, there's music and no one can hear us talk.

"I have nothing left" what!?

"Huh?"

"Dad's been unwell since quite sometimes and I took over his business which didn't go well. Now I'm in the verge of falling apart" she said, looking away. I was too shocked.

"Falling apart as in?" I asked.

"All the business partners cheated on dad. They all stood up against him and now I'm kinda bankrupt" Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Omg!"

"I don't know what I'm gonna do with my siblings around. I doubt they'll be able to continue schooling" she said and what?

"Are you serious? Is it such a helpless situation?" I gasped. She broke down and I hugged her.

"Take rest, go to my apartment. We'll handle this together. We are in this together, don't worry" I patted her back.

"But it's your...." I cut her.

"Take my keys, go to my apartment. I'll be there as soon as this gets over. I promise I won't spill the beans to anyone. You can trust me" I said and she pulled back from the hug. I handed her the key and she smiled in grief walking outside. I sighed. I have to help her with everything I have. I can't see her like this. She's my strong girl and this is her weak spot. I'll help her to get back what she's lost. This is my promise.

Shaking my head, I walked back to the backstage to see all set for the ramp to start.

"Yamini, all ready. We can start" she said and I smiled. I tried to give a genuine smile but I failed. Shanaya! I have to help her now. My mind is restless thinking about her and I can't focus in anything.

"Yamini, are you ok? We have to start" my assistant walked to me and patted my shoulder.

"Yea, come" I said but stood at the same place.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked. I couldn't answer her.

"Give us a few minutes, she'll be back"  I heard Arjun walking in. She smiled and left.

"What happened babe?" Tears slipped my eyes and I hugged him.

"Baby, what's wrong? Tell me" he hugged me back tightly.

"Shanaya is.." he cut me off.

"Don't worry, I know everything about her. We'll help her somehow. First finish this show and we'll be getting into that work" he said hugging me tightly.

"But she is... I don't know...I haven't seen her so weak ever. She broke down on front of me. I was so helpless! God! This is so urghh!" I cried and he hugged me tightly, calming me down.

"I know, I know babe. But this is the time you have to be her strong pillar. She needs you now and you can't let her down. You'll help her and I'm with you in this. First finish this off and we'll get into that right away. I have already enquiried everything about her dad's situation and you have to know a lot yet. But before that remember this is your hard work since the last seven months. You can't let it go for a momentary break down. Now be a strong girl and get this done. I'm with you" he said. I pulled away form the hug and he wiped my eyes, kissing my forehead.

"Read this before going. I'll be waiting for you" he kissed my cheeks and went away after giving me the same letter.

My strong girl,

All the best. Rock it like you always do. Looking forward to see you shining in today's hall. I love you and I'm always with you babe

Love,
Arjun