17) Reason

Arjun Pov

"You fucker" I groaned as I had box on my face. What the hell?

I opened my eyes and blinked twice to adjust to the light. I saw Vivan and he was fuming. What's the drama now? Gosh! Ever since this girl entered my life, it was never peaceful.

"What do you want?" I sat upright, holding my head due to hangover.

"Seriously? After all the stunt you created, this is what you'll ask me?" He shot back.

"Stop talking in circles, come straight to the point" I said, walking to the fridge. Opening it, I took a water bottle, gulping down some water along with a hangover pill.

"You are grounded Arjun"

"And why is it so?" I smirked. Suddenly the door burst open revealing my mom and dad. My eyes widened and I never saw that coming.

"Mom"

"You are grounded son" dad shouted.

"What's wrong?"

"What did you do to Yamini?" Dad asked. I sat on the couch and my parents were still glaring at me.

"I never did anything. It was her decision and who am I to stop her?" I said, running my hands through my hair. Why am I responsible for whatever she has done?

"I never thought I'll see you this useless and just heartless" it was my mom. I sighed and walked to her. Pulling her down to sit on the bed, I took her hand and started speaking.

"Mom, I already told you a thousands of times marriage is never my thing. I was always focused on my company and my family. I didn't want any girl in my life. I agree I had many one nights but to be frank, it was my need. You still don't know why I hate girls so much. There's much more than what you know mom. I can never make any girl happy and you want me to get married right away to some unknown girl. Mom, how could I?

Moreover it was her decision too. She too didn't want this marriage at the first place. We both were in mutual terms when we had her fake boyfriend set up. Suddenly he demanded for more money and property. I really wanted to kill him that very moment but somehow I wanted to escape this marriage thing. I was even ready to order whatever he asked for. And that's when Yamini poked her nose into it. She wanted from handle the things she creates and I let her. It's not her fault that she resigned from my company" I said it all in a go. I want my mom and dad to understand me completely. I can't hide anything more and moreover they deserve to know. I sighed and waited for sometime to let them speak.

When I heard no response, I looked up to my mom to see her eyes blurry.

"Mom" I hugged her.

"I'm really sorry son" she patted my back and I sighed. She's really a magic.

"Mom, it's ok. Whatever had happened is gone. Let's just get over it and I'll apologize to Yamini if that's what you want me to do. I'm sorry too mom and dad" I said. I felt my dad running his hands on my head.

"I'm sorry that I failed to check on you" he said. I broke the hug and hugged my dad.

"It's ok dad, I'm glad you understood now"

"But what about the damage that has already happened?" Mom sighed and I broke the hug. What damage? Nothing happened right?

I looked at Vivan to see him glaring at me. What have I done that this idiot is ready to kill me any moment?

"What?" I asked him and he shook his head in disbelief.

"I have already warned you to handle things softly but you never listened to me. I'm really tired of your behaviour" he said. I eyes his confusingly and he glared at me.

"If you are talking about me blocking your numbers last night, it was because I need some time alone. I wanted from release my stress and " he cut me off.

"Everything is not about you every god damn time Arjun" he yelled at me and I was stunned. What's wrong?

"Mom?"

"Yamini ran away son" Dad answered. What?

I never thought she would do something like this. I thought she was a mature girl and had experience and patience in handling situations but I'm completely wrong. But why should I even care? It's not like she's my responsibility.

"Deepak is very upset. He's blaming himself for everything that has happened. He's already a heart patient and this stress isn't appreciated at all" dad said. I sighed. What should I do now?

"Maybe should I have a talk with them dad?" I asked.

"He's completely broken son. Please visit him and speak up. Also, it'll be very nice if you try to find Yamini. She's written a letter and just ran away leaving no clue to track her" dad said and I sighed. Why is she always a problem?

"Why should I? I have had enough of her and her problems. I can't take her or any things related to her anymore. I'm trying to approach Deepak uncle just because he's your friend and partly I'm also responsible for his state. I'm guilty of my doing and I'm going to apologize for it. Why should I take her responsibility?" I asked and my mom was still crying. Dad sighed and Vivian was still glaring.

I know I'm being a jerk now but I don't want to delay with anything related to her now, or ever. She's like a maniac, causing problems whenever she goes. I consoled myself but an inner voice screamed something completely different.

Really Arjun? Is this the reason?