14) Clean the mess

Yamini Pov

I was working on the designs when my phone rang. It's Arjun.

"Hello"

"Come down to the lobby"

"But -"

"Right now" he barked and ended the call. I walked to Rahul who was in the verge of breaking down.

"Rahul, I have been called by our boss. Can I go?" He nodded lightly and I took my bag before running to the lift. I went to the lobby to see Arjun standing with Vivan. He's Arjun's best friend and I have seen him during our engagement.

Yes, we are engaged. Never in my wildest dreams I thought I'll be forced by my parents to get married to someone I barely know. Now that Arjun and I are friends, I came to know about him. He's a good person according to me but the media and the society doesn't say that. He's a play boy and changes girls like he's changing his clothes. But as far as I know, he's stopped all that after our engagement. Atleast I'm happy that he's respecting my presence in his life. I don't care a damn if he sleeps around tons of women if we are not engaged.

This one month has been a roller coaster for me. I have seen many faces of Arjun, some of which was expected and some, most unexpected, just like today. By the way he spoke to me on the phone, I can sense he's still not in his normal mood.

Guess he's got his period today!

"Hey" Vivan noticed me and Arjun turned back, clenching his jaw.

"Hey. Arjun, is anything wrong?" I asked him cause he never skips work if it's not anything very important.

"Everything is wrong. Just get in" I got in the car and we drove straight to Siddhartha's house, my fake boyfriend. He's my friend's friend. We randomly met in Lekha's birthday party and she said he will be the perfect candidate for my task. I approached him and he agreed right away. I was so happy until I started dancing like a maniac.

We walked into his house and saw him sitting with a girl on his lap, kissing her like there's no tomorrow.

"You bloody fucker" Arjun roared and that girl was startled. She immediately jumped off Siddhartha's lap and ram outside. But Siddharth was sitting there with a smirk on his face.

"Hey Yamini, how are you?" He asked with a bit of arrogance.

"Cut the crap. Why are you hanging out with that bitch when clearly you are her fake boyfriend?" Arjun roared. I was stunned to see this coming.

"What?"

"Yes, I was hanging out with her. What's wrong with that?"

"You bastard" Arjun was about to beat him but Vivan pulled him back.

"Siddharth, this is not funny. We are planning to cancel the wedding saying you and Yamini love eachother. You are not supposed to hang out with some random chick like this" Vivan explained.

"What if I do? I mean I like her and what's wrong in that?"

"Siddharth, what are you saying? We talked about it clearly right? Why are you-" he cut me off.

"Yamini, you are no where involved in this. It's between me and Arjun, right?" He smirked and Arjun shot him a death glare.

"What do you want?" Arjun spat.

"One million"

"What?" We all shouted at him.

"Yes, along with a pent house in Goa"

"What? Are you shitting me?" Arjun yelled at him, ready to punch him already.

"I don't care about anything. I want everything I demanded. Otherwise I can anytime go to your parents and tell them the truth" he smirked.

"How can you do this Siddharth? I thought I could trust you. You bloody bastard" I lost my patience.

"It's you guys who are in need of me. So better fulfill my demands and I'll play along... otherwise -" I cut him off.

"Do whatever you want, we are not giving you a single penny. I don't care if you go to anyone. We can handle it. It's us who brought you in this, we know how to kick you out too" I spat at him and walked out of his house.

"Yamini, what are you doing?" Vivan asked. Arjun was behind him, trying to control his anger.

"I don't want Arjun to suffer cause of me. It's me who created this mess and I'll clean it myself. You no need to worry" I said as I walked to the lift bit Arjun stopped me.

"What do you think you can do?" Arjun held my wrist tightly, shouting at me.

"Arjun, what are you doing? It's not her fault. Leave her" Vivan tried to release his grip from me but it tightened instead.

"Tell me, what will you do? Don't tell me you are one of those bitches who's plan is to act all innocent and at the end marry me" his cold eyes and tone shook me to the core. I glared at him and released his grip on my wrist.

"I never had such a thought. Will you stop thinking so high about yourself? If I tell you I'll clean this mess, I'll do it. You don't any need to worry about anything" I said in a cold tone. I walked into the lift and the lift closed.