32) Anything for her

Arjun Pov

I am nervous, so nervous to be exact. This is the first time I'm so nervous.

"Look at him" I glared at Vivan who's laughing his ass off. I punched him in his arm and he groaned the next second.

"Stop acting like kids. Come on Arjun, man up. It's been nearly an hour since we are sitting here" he pointed at the house in front of us. I sighed and nodded.

I unlocked the car for and got out. Walking to the door, my breath quickened. No! No! I can't do this. What if I face disappointment? No! Never! I shook my head vigorously and turned to see my friends glaring at me.

I walked to them and they groaned in frustration. Like the last ten times, I shook my head and opened the car door but suddenly Vivan pulled me away and Gautam locked the door.

"What?"

"Don't shout. People might get wrong ideas" he smirked and I glared.

"Why are you back this time?" Gautam yelled lightly.

"No, what if they say no? I never can take a no in my life, never ever" I shook my head.

"I have had enough, I'm sorry dude" Vivan pulled me and in a minute there was Rakesh uncle standing at the door smiling at us.

"Come in sons" he smiled and made way for us to get into the house. Oh shit!

"Hey" I saw aunty entering the living room. We greeted her too and finally settled down.  I can't do this.

"So how are you all?" Uncle asked.

"We all are fine, how are you two? How's Yamini?" Vivan started speaking with them while I was busy wiping the sweat beads on my forehead.

"Just tell them already" Gautam whispered to me.

"No dude, this is not a game. I can't do this. Let's just go" I said in panicked voice.

"Then why the hell we are here at the first place? I swear you are driving me crazy" he said and that made me more nervous. I gulped audibly and he noticed. Shaking his head, he said, "I'm sorry dude. But understand there's nothing gonna go wrong. They know you well and it's a major plus point!"

"Even after all the mess I created?" I said.

"It's you both who did that and everyone knows now. Yet they are comfortable with you. I bet they'll agree to you. Just speak to them" I saw Rakesh uncle chucking on hearing Vivan's stupid talks.

Ok! I can do it and I will do it. I have to! Come on Arjun!

"Un- uncle" I stammered.

"Yes" he raised his eyebrows. Oh god!

"I...I want to tell you something. No, no..ask. I mean I wanna ask you both something" I mentally slapped myself for stammering so much.

Focus idiot!

"What is it son?" He asked calmly. Will he remain this calm after I tell him?

"Uncle...I ...I ..." Words failed to come out of my mouth. I swear this is the first time I have ever been so freaking nervous. I wasn't this nervous even during the most important deal. Stupid love!

"What is it?" Uncle asked and I tried to answer. I promise I tried but my words seamed to die in air before reaching him. Oh god!

"Son?" Aunty called me and I gulped.

"Just say it" Vivan said, scratching his name nervously and smiling awkwardly.

Ok! It's now or never!

"I want to marry Yamini uncle. I love your daughter and I want her to be mine forever" I spoke very fast.

I looked at their faces deeply but I couldn't find any emotions. Is it a rejection?! No!

Minutes passed and there was no words conversed. They playful environment was long lost and that didn't help me at all. I expected my friends to help me but seeing their faces only made me more nervous.

Vivan was looking at the house, at the wall painting of a random woman like she was the most romantic woman on this earth. On the other side was Gautam who was looking at his fingers which were straightening his well ironed Armani suit. Dusting off the invisible dust, his face held no emotions at all.

Why God! Why?

"Uncle.. I.." he cut me off.

"What? Come again!" He sounded dead calm.

Is it calm before the stroam?!

"Uncle, I know I'm at fault. After all those things which I didn't I don't deserve to call you uncle at the first place but my heart refused to do it. I never felt this thrilled ever before when I look at anyone's eyes other than Yamini's. It's like she's a magic and I am under her spell. All I can think of all the time is her. Only her. I don't know when I fell this deep and hard for her but I just did. Now I never regret whatever my heart did.

I can clearly see she's the only one for me. I want to spend my entire life with her, making her smile, talking with her, holding her hands, enjoying mid night ice-cream with her, soothing her hair, looking into her eyes for hours and hours together and just be with her. Nothing ever felt this right before than having her by my side all the time. I love your daughter more than you could ever imagine and I can do anything for her. I love her to the moon and back and can get anything done for her as long as I get to hold her forever. I'm truly sorry for whatever I have done but I really want your permission to marry her" I said it. I finally said it!

I saw aunty having tears in her yes and she was smiling through those tears. I felt so happy seeing her smile at me.

"I agree son" she said but uncle was still calm. He turned to her in disbelief but aunty nodded her head.

"I can clearly see that he loves her and will take good care of her, maybe more than us. We selected the right guy for our princess but not at the right time. And now, this is the time and see things came around the way we wanted it to. I'm happy for you son, I agree with handing you Yamini, forever" she came forward and hugged me. I never felt so happy but looking at uncle's face my smile vanished.

"Speak to him" Gautam said and I nodded.

"Uncle, I know it's difficult for you to trust me after all that things which happened but I never regretted anything that happened except calling her.." Vivan suddenly pinched me and I realised what I was about to blabber out. Oh shoot! How can I forget uncle doesn't know that I called her names and mocked at her. Since he was in the hospital, we decided to hide this thing from him cause it may be dangerous for his health. I saw aunty with a panicked face and uncle eagerly waiting for me to continue speaking.

"I regret calling her and putting all the blame on her. I regret pointing at her for the whole mistake when it was mine as well. But if I hadn't done that today maybe I wouldn't have realised what I did. I'm happy that it's all in the process and now I'm very clear of what I want. I love her with all the cell in the body and I vow to keep her happy and safe till my last breath" I took his hand, caressing his lightly, assuring whatever I said was from my heart.

I can simply do anything for Yamini!