The Workplace

I was up running around the kitchen like a chicken with its head cut off. I wasn't running late but I surely was pushing it. "Baby grab your muffin and come!" I fussed hopping around in one shoe going to get the other. Me and Allen got a little drunk last night and I forgot to set my alarm, good thing was I was a natural early bird. Dropping off Ari to Allen's and getting my morning coffee and to the office was always a hassle.

We power walked out the door and to the car waisting no time to get in. "Do you have your math book? Uncle Al supposed to help you with that today." She giggled. "Yes mommy, please calm down." I shook my head as a small smile appeared upon my face. She was right, momma needed to get her shit together. I backed up out the driveway. I swerved in traffic to Allen's which I hated it because she was with me.

We made it in no time, I didn't even have to tell her to hurry she automatically got out running up to his door. I stayed in the car waiting for him to come to the door. I waved bye finally seeing him.

••••

"Looking good and running late." Amari teased me as I rushed to my office with my coffee. She's my assistant and has been since I started at the firm. "We got another hot one girl." She slapped a thick envelope on my desk giving me a headache that hasn't even begun. "Eli Santana." She sat on my desk prepping to give me an over view. "He's a drug dealer, huge one at that. One of our informates says he's supposed to be at his secret warehouse some time in the next two weeks. We get him to snap pictures of the drugs and gang activity and that's where we start."

I nodded my head flipping through the pictures of him and his crew. He looked rough and ugly, not your regular honestly. "Why someone so big comes here to Houston where he knows he will get caught? Well eventually at least." The police here were too chicken shit to put an end to half of the things that go on.

"Right that's what I was thinking but it's pretty low profile from the Dominican republic. They will light the fire under his ugly ass there." I laughed shaking my head. She flopped down in the seat in front of me tilting her head back.

"Long night?" "Girl yes, William had me up all night sucking hell of dick for this huge rock on my finger." I gasped laughing and she joined in. "Girrrl you nasty." She grinned shrugging her shoulders. "Bitch he deserved it after the work he put in getting this expensive motherfucker. I love him so much." I smiled seeing the glow on her face.

"I have so much family flying in-in the next two weeks including my big bro."

"I was meaning to ask you about that, Ms.Ronda told me about him but not much." She shook her head rolling her eyes. "Girl it's not much to say about Rodger's ass, he's a drug dealer as well." She shook her head in disappointment. "He had such a beautiful mind in school now he's a tatted bad ass." I mentally laughed thinking about my baby's father. Rodger was a common ass name and knowing my baby daddy he's probably somewhere on a golf course smoking cigars teaching at some high end college.

"I-I'm sorry." I snapped out of my thoughts shaking my head. "No need girl." I laughed it off, she knew everything about how Amari happened. Rodger was a sweet guy besides fucking me all wild and crazy and getting me pregnant. Some times I would have flashbacks of that shit and everything after that was orgasims and a blank mind.

"Hello ladies." My coworker in other words, stalker poked his head in my door grinning from ear to damn ear. "Trey." Amari scoffed looking him up and down. He ignored her coming right on into the danger zone. "You know I just closed another case, me and some other work friends were going out for lunch, on me."

Once he said lunch was on him it sparked my interest. Amari gave me a look that told me to hush but I wasn't going to turn down no free lunch. "We'll be there." He nodded his head smiling leaving out of the room. "Girl you know I don't like him. Ugly tall ass."

"Girl that man is fine, he's just creepy as fuck." Trey was chocolate, gold-T, waves, and a built frame to top it off. "Yeah whatever, you sitting by me." I laughed, she was so protective over me, the sister I always wanted. She left out my office giving me time to think to myself.

I smiled at my graduation picture recapping those years in college. It was tough but some of the greatest things came from them and the most important was Ari. It broke my heart that she use to ask for her daddy all the time and I couldn't do anything but look at her precious face and make up some shit. She stopped asking about him so much because she finally seen me cry about it. "I'm sorry mama, I won't ask ever again.. pinky promise." Is what she said and that made me uncomfortable and still did. She deserved her father's touch, he was so smart and shy. It wasn't an evil bone in his body, he wouldn't harm a damn bug. I just laughed thinking about it.

I got out my feelings drying my face getting myself together. I still had so much paper work to fill out before lunch time hits.

•••

"Thanks for inviting us again." "No problem." He placed his hand on my lower back making me cringe a little. We made it to a table seated with twelve. "She has it from here." Amari grabbed me before he could drag me to where he was sitting. You could tell he wanted to cuss her slap the hell out but he knew better.

"Wassup y'all!" The loudest thing in the office came in sitting down next to Trey. Her name was Keke, she was so fun but so ghetto. All the white folks looked at her like an animal in a zoo. You start to get use to that though, black educated people were filling these seats like wild fire and I lived for it.

Trey stood to his feet catching our attention. "I want to thank you for coming out and celebrating such a hard case solved with me. It was plenty of times where I thought I couldn't come close but I did. I want to thank all of you and especially Ms. Camila for the extra hours she stayed helping me do research." Everyone clapped as I plastered a fake smile on my face. Amari scoffed making me want to do the same, It was no big deal honestly.

"And my girl, Keke." She stood up smiling and waving like she was some first lady. "Girrrl bye." Amari whispered making me giggle. He sat down and everyone started their chatter up again and looking at the menus.

this was fairly short from my others but it's still good. I just want you all to have an insight on all aspects of her life before I jump to Rodger's.

COMMENT&VOTE 😘💕

excuse mistakes ..