Coming Home

Me and Rom was getting our bags waiting on the car to pull up. "Damn, ain't shit change." I laughed seeing that same old white lady at the desk terrorizing people. "You right, it's hot as fuck still." He wiped his face with a towel fanning himself. "Should've dressed better then, you don't wear all black in this weather man." He smacked his lips cause he knew I was telling the truth.

I walked outside seeing a black truck knowing exactly who it was. "My boy!" My father hopped out giving me a bear hug. "Wassup man." I dapped him up throwing my stuff in the back. "Shit, tryna keep up man, lemme look at you." He stepped back looking me up down. "You changed man." He laughed seeing all the tattoos and shit. They haven't seen me since my senior year at college and I only had three tattoos, look at me now. We got in the truck driving off from the airport.

"Yo sister marrying this clown, just be nice to him. You know since me and your mother divorced we was only able to agree on one thing and that was his ass ain't right." I chuckled shaking my head. "As long as he not hurting her we cool man." He nodded his head agreeing. "Where we going?"

"Ya mama house, she gone wanna see you." I felt a little happy, my mama was always there for me. She didn't like what I did but she knew I was stubborn and I couldn't change, not right now. "You still married to that white woman Mr.Ray?" Rom threw shade making me laugh. "Yeah man, she cool. A pain in my fucking pockets but she cool."

"I told you to stop fucking with them, that's why mama divorced yo ass, better not bring her to the wedding." That's how me and my dad fell out, seeing my mama cry did something to me. That shit happened my Junior year of high school but I still hated him for it. "I know son, it's deeper than what you think." I looked at him sort of funny.

"Her ex husband a Russian and he always felt some type of way about us being married. But now he decided he wanna do some about this shit. He a crazy motherfucker, I'm talking about cutting off limbs sending them to your children house." I laughed.

"You scared man?" I shook my head. "Hell no. I'm just trying not to go back to the old me. The only reason I ain't done nothing about it is because they know where I live and your mother." I nodded my head in a 'yeah right' way. "So what this gotta do with me?"

I knew he wanted something. Chopping shit off and sending it to family members was old to me. "I just need you to do what you do." I laughed. "Well just like everybody else it's coming with a big fee. You want me to put my ass on the line for somebody I don't even know." "Damn you really gone charge yo old man?" He stopped the truck in front of my mother's house. I started smiling seeing all the balloons and shit hanging up on the fence.

I ignored his ass getting out the car when I seen my mama running out the door.

"Rodger! Rodger! My baby!" She waddled over to me with open arms making me laugh. "Hey mama." I kissed her on the forehead hugging her as tight as I could. "I missed you so much." She held on for dear life, this why I loved seeing her. "C'mon, lets go in the house." We side hugged all the way to the door and through the door.

"Big bro!" Amari got up jumping on me like a fucking monkey. "Lil sis!" I laughed patting her back. A tall ass nigga stood up in a suit, I already knew this was the man marrying my sister. "Wassup man?" He held his hand out and I shook it. "William right?" He nodded his head smiling nervously. "Well everybody's out back for you baby waiting on you. Your strawberry cake is in the fridge and your peanut butter chocolate cake is hidden. Your ugly ass father tried to eat it up." I laughed shaking my head.

•••••

Amari came in the backyard. "Y'all get ready!" She ran over to where me and Ari were. I honestly didn't know why we were surprising him but hey who am I to judge? A tall, slim guy walked out with Ms. Ronda on his arm making everybody jump up and cheer.