gift

dear mom,

when cedric and i met up with each other at our usual spot, it was at the local ice cream store, he held out a small box.

and when i opened it up, it had a sparkling diamond necklace. and those cost a heck load of money.

i felt all of a sudden insecure about my gift when cedric helped placed the necklace around my neck.

when cedric asked about his gift, i didn't want him to see my gift, he probably think i'm some cheap girlfriend or horrible girlfriend with that.

he eventually pulled me over close to himself, and pulled out the box that was behind me.

when he opened it, inside the box were coupons that had things like hug coupons, stay quiet girlfriend coupons, cook coupon, kissing coupon, things basically like that.

he looked at me and then back at the box, i just felt the urge to hide because he's going to hate it.

"why you make this?" he asked me.

"i saw some couples and my mom used to do this for me, whenever i wasn't behaving, she would make these and whenever i needed a hug she asked for one hug coupon. and i would give it to her, and after there was no more hug coupons she still hug me and yeah."

cedric just started laughing as he kissed my cheek. "i have such a strange yet adorable girlfriend."

i felt embarrassed when he took out one of the kiss coupons and handed it over to me.

"i like this gift ann, it's cute and fun. hey maybe we should both do this, we can see who uses up all of their coupons the fastest or something like that."

i felt so happy mommy, and so i took out one of the hug coupons and hugged him as he hugged me back.

love,

ann

scribbled happily on a hug coupon with red lipstick marks over it.