Chapter 4-Well that just happened

Chapter 4

Shannon's pov:

"Are you shitting me?" Michael mutters.

"One would not be considered shitted," I roll my eyes.

"Okay, let me just get this over with," Calum starts. "You're Ashton's cousin."

"Then why the hell would you kidnap me? You could've just told me and left me at my house! You idiots!" I scream running up the stairs to "my room". I slam the door and flop myself face down onto the bed.

Why didn't they just come to my house and tell me? Also, why do they need me? Why am I here if he's just my cousin? I'm so confused.

Somebody knocks on my door and Ashton walks in. He sits next to me and starts to explain.

"I thought you were going to tell me, but Calum just did," I whisper.

"I know, he just got carried away. I'll explain it further," Ashton says and I stare at him silently.

"My silence is your cue," I roll my eyes.

"Okay, okay. We used to be really close when we were younger, when you lived in Australia. You probably don't remember, but I do. You were like my absolute best friend, then when you moved to America, I was torn apart. Then when I found out we were in your state, I freaked out. So us being the idiots we are decided to kidnap you. We told your mom we were going to pick you up though," he laughs at the last part.

"Ashton..." I take a second to process everything. "You look so different I missed you so much," I squeal pulling him into a hug. I cry tears of joy into Ashton's shoulder as he rubs my back.

"Well that was a quick mood change," Ashton says clearly taken back.

"Shit wait, I need some proof," I say quickly realizing he could be lying

"I'll call your mom," he replies getting his phone out of his pocket.

His phone rings for a bit until she finally answers.

"Hello Ashton what do you need?" my mom asks through the phone.

"Shannon wanted some proof," he replies handing me his phone.

"Hi," I squeak into the phone putting it on speaker.

"Hi sweet heart I'm so sorry I bet you are very confused right now I-"

"Why the hell did you send Ashton and his band to pick me up and take me to Australia?" I ask almost screaming.

"Honey, your father got out of jail and he's looking for us so I thought it'd be better if you were somewhere else for the summer. Don't worry about him and just enjoy yourself," she replies her voice shaky.

"WHAT?" I scream standing up from my spot. "What about you he'll be able to find you, Alec, Jace, and Quinn!" they're my brothers.

"They've all gone on a trip for a couple weeks, but they'll be back to the house soon, we'll be okay honey," my mom reassures me.

"You know I'm going to miss you and worry about you." my lip trembles and tears start to form in my eyes.

"Please just enjoy yourself and be happy, this is your summer don't worry about your father I promise he won't find you."

"I-I love you mommy," I stutter, I haven't called her mommy in such a long time.

"I love you too Shannon, I have to go sweet heart."