Chapter Thirteen: Too Much Testosterone

​The next morning after an uneventful breakfast, the boys went off to go horseback riding with Briar and Paisley. I shouldn't have been jealous. Well, I should've been, but for different reasons. If anything, I should've been jealous of my friends being able to go riding. But I found that I was jealous over the fact that Briar and Paisley got to take the boys out and do things with them. There was one boy in specific that I was worried sick about them spending time with, and it was obvious to guess who.

​Briar's wild red hair was just as symbolic of her personality: wild and fiery. She was a risk taker, confident, sassy, strong, and independent. She had all of those qualities on top of her drop dead gorgeous looks. And Paisley was just as attractive in different ways. She looked so innocent, sweet, and naïve, but Briar and I knew just what lay underneath. She was fearless, headstrong, and so many guys found little girls like that seductive.

​Plus, the trail was gorgeous and the perfect place for a date. I imagined just how it could play out, either of them could go with him alone and stray off from the path. After all, it was a lush, colorful, extensive forest. No one would notice they were gone, and no one would hear if something happened. I cringed as I imagined it.

​Then again, who was I to be so upset by this? Flynn was not mine, and probably never would be. He didn't seem like the committed type of guy anyway. He was probably like most teenage guys, reckless and stupid. I didn't blame him for it though; there was a time where I was just that teenager as well, negligent and too damn innocent. But I had sobered up and was thankful for it. Flynn had yet to see where his actions were taking him, and I couldn't afford going down that road again. Flynn knew he was hot stuff and wasn't going to tie himself down to one girl when he probably had every girl throwing themselves at him. Who in their right mind would want to give that up?

​But to say I didn't think about him all day would have been the biggest lie of my entire life. Not only did I think about him, I worried about him. Not about his safety, I trusted Paisley and Briar, but about his plans for tonight. The scene from last night kept overlapping in my mind.

​"I want to cash in."

​"What did you have in mind?"

​"Now if I told you that, then it wouldn't be as fun. Just meet me outside the cabin tomorrow night after dinner."

​Why couldn't he just tell me what he was thinking? Why couldn't he just be like normal teenage boys and be easy to figure out? I just had to go for the mysterious, complex boy with too many secrets to count. I had secrets of my own, too. And in his defense, he probably thought I was hard to read as well. The only difference was that one of us had an advantage over the other. A totally unfair advantage that could expose me way beyond my comfort. But Flynn was a good guy. I hoped. He didn't seem like the kind of guy who would make me do or say something that made me feel like a caged animal. I hoped.

​I spent the majority of my day laying and thinking about Flynn. I lay on my bed and thought about him. I rested in one of the hammocks in the open field, trying (and failing) to locate the boys on their horses. I relaxed by the pool and thought about it. No matter how hard I tried to dispel all thoughts of him, I wasn't able to. This whole infatuation thing was getting really old really fast.

​No, the whole not getting to see him and spend time with him was getting really old really fast.

​Oh gosh I'm turning into one of those clingy girlfriends and we aren't even dating. Thank God Flynn couldn't read thoughts. He wouldn't be so friendly if he knew how much I thought slash worried about him.

~​​​​​~​​​​​~

​Dinner rolled around and still no appearance from the boys, Briar, and Paisley. I hoped they all were alright. I went through the motions at dinner, nervously picking at my food and hoping no one noticed. Jackson and his roommates took their seats next to me and Jackson tapped me on the shoulder, breaking me out of my thoughts of Flynn.