Chapter Thirty Four: Makeup Sex is the Best Kind

I woke up to the slow beeping of a hospital monitor and the thrumming of several other appliances. I groaned and slowly lifted my eyes. My throat was on fire. I tensed up feeling several appliances on my arm and a tube down my nose. Flynn was sitting on the couch by the hospital, lightly snoring. Caleb, Mason, Damon and Landon were all crowded around the small hospital room, watching me carefully.

“She opened her eyes!” Landon shouted. The boys turned their attention back to me and all of them yelped in excitement.

“Call a nurse!” Caleb ordered. Mason ran out of the room, yelling down the hospital halls. I smiled lightly, these boys were way too crazy.

“Wake Flynn up!” Damon hissed. Landon ran to Flynn’s side and shook him up.

“Dude she’s awake!” Landon announced. Flynn groaned in response.

“You’ve been saying that for days to get me to get up.” He mumbled. “She isn’t waking up.”

“Flynn.” I said hoarsely. His eyes shot open at the sound of my voice.

“Iris.” He breathed. Mason came running back in the room.

“The doctor will be here shortly!” Damon and the other boys shot him a dirty look. “Why don’t we go out to the food court. Flynn, do you want anything?”

“No.” Flynn said keeping his eyes locked with mine. Once the boys closed the door behind them, he stood up from the couch and rushed to my side. He pulled up a chair and scooted as close to me as he could, placing his hand over mine. “I’m so glad you’re alright.” He said quietly.

“W-what happened?” I croaked.

“You fell off your horse and blacked out. Then I took you back to the ranch and drove you to the hospital.”

“How did we get back to the ranch from the plateau?”  I asked, ignoring the burning sensation in my throat.

“I carried you on my horse.” He replied casually. I gave him an incredulous look.

“No you didn’t. You couldn’t have.” I whispered. Flynn grinned slyly at me.

“Well how else was I supposed to get you back? I do admit though, it was pretty awkward riding like that. I kept having to stop to adjust us.” He chuckled to himself and I squeezed his hand.

“Thank you.” Flynn nodded solemnly.

“It seems as though I’m always the one who puts you in the hospital.” I laughed. “Do you want to make it like the first time?” He asked quietly, scooting closer so his forehead was pressed against mine. My breathing hitched.

“And how would we do that?” I asked, breathless. Flynn’s mouth toyed into a half smile.

“Well, if I do remember correctly, you blatantly checked me out when you first met me.” He whispered. Playfully, my eyes roamed over his body and I rolled my eyes.