Chapter Twenty Four: Spares, Strikes, and Gutter Balls: Oh My!

Jordan was a delicious chef and  pretty delicious looking guy. He had a black aftershave beard thing, I guess he didn’t really feel like shaving today. He didn’t look like a bear with his facial hair, but he didn’t exactly have that sexy stubble that Flynn could pull off so well. He had dark brown eyes and olive skin. His hair was black and styled and he had a taut frame. He didn’t exactly strike me as a  chef, more like some Italian underwear model, but his cooking was great.

“What do you need?” Jordan asked, handing another chef a prepared breakfast plate.

“You know us so well.” Briar said. “We’re trying to help this one.” She nudged me.

“Oh?” He lazily looked me over. “What do you need, Iris?”

“I-well-I…” sputtered. Paisley sighed.

“She’s taking a boy on a date on site and needs you to prepare two delicious burgers and a milkshake.” Paisley answered for me. I gave her a look of gratitude and she nodded.

“And who is this boy?” Jordan asked curiously.

“F-Flynn Rodgers.” My voice shook. I was so worried. He was going to say no. I could just tell.

“Oh so you’re trying to get laid.” He snickered. I shook my head furiously. “Oh? You aren’t?” He gave me a look of surprise. “And what do I get from all of this?”

“Uh….my eternal gratitude..?” I answered unsurely. Jordan rolled his eyes and cleaned off his giant knife. He calmly walked to my side before pulling it against my throat. I screamed and he laughed his butt off.

“Did you see that?” He laughed. “Oh my God I had you so scared.” I rolled my eyes and took a step back. I guess when you work in a kitchen with the same people, it’s fun to joke around. “Tell no one about this, and I’m all yours.”

“Really??” This was so not the way I imagined this going.

“I’d like to imagine myself as a little cupid.” He said dreamily.

“More like a little life saver.” Briar coughed.

“What time do these need to be ready?” I gave the girls a worried look.

“Your date is at seven. You should have the burgers sitting on the table at 6:50.” Paisley answered.

“Okay. I’ll have the burgers ready to go at 6:45. Who’s going to pick them up with the milkshake?”

“We will.” Briar and Paisley answered confidently.

“Thank you all so, so much.” I said gratefully. “You all have basically saved this date.”

“No problem!” They all sang in unison.

~                                                                      ~                                                                      ~