Chapter Forty: The Picture

Flynn POV

Tonight might possibly be the worst night of my entire life. I should’ve known to bow out when Damon had suggested a date night filled with clubbing. The pulsing music, the dancing, the drinks all of it was going to be too much for me. And I should’ve known better than to let Iris go. She was still on her pain meds, though she wasn’t as high as normal tonight, but regardless, I worried that pain meds and alcohol would not be a safe combination. And I was right.

Iris was busy drinking like crazy and dancing with strangers all night. She didn’t even come up to me once. And I know, I sounded like a mope-y teenage girl, but my heart still ached. I wanted to dance with her the way she was dancing with those strangers. I wanted her to run her hands through my hair and press her body against mine and move with her in tempo with the music.

But of course, that wasn’t my luck. I was seated at the bar, watching her carefully. She was currently dancing with a few of her friends and suddenly they dispersed. About a minute after her friends left her side, that stranger she was playing pool with approached her, probably asking her to dance. She happily obliged and they began to grind. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I knew all Iris wanted was to have fun, but this was getting to be a bit much. When he placed his hands dangerously close to her, I stood up and marched to their side. “We’re going home.” I announced.

Iris slowly opened an eye and gave me a loopy smile. “Why? This is so fun.” She pleaded. I grinded my teeth, trying to hold onto my resolve.

“Iris, you’re drunk. You need to go home.” She shook her head.

“I wanna stay here and have more fun.” She whined. I firmly placed my hands on her shoulders so she couldn’t move and have ‘more fun.’ She struggled under my grasp, but there was no point. She soon realized this and slumped against me. “Please, Flynn? We can do whatever we want.” She leaned on her tiptoes and whispered.

I cursed under my breath. She was going to kill me one of these days. “What do you want to do?” I asked, breathless.

“I wanna dance with you. And then we can leave.” She offered. I bit the inside of my cheeks, not liking the idea. But, she was agreeing to go home after one dance. And if I didn’t agree, who knows how much longer she’d take. And I was not in the mood to watch her dance with everyone else but me. So I nodded and she pulled me to the middle of the dance floor. The DJ began to play “Yeah” by Usher, an older song, and I groaned as Iris took my hand and spun around.

I hadn’t seen the back of her dress, but now I was wishing that I hadn’t. It had an open back and the trim of it hardly covered her upper thighs. And she began to grind on me, slow and deep. I wrapped one arm around her waist and held the other on her hips, my fingers dangerously close to her ass, keeping her close to me. She leaned her head back and wrapped an arm around the back of my neck.

I wasn’t even paying attention. My thoughts were traveling a million places a second, most of them about what I’d want to do to Iris had we been alone. It wasn’t until she had turned around and started kissing me had I been drawn back to the present. She broke the kiss and placed her head in the crook of my neck and began to grind on me again, this time facing me. I groaned and she gave me a sloppy smile. She broke the kiss all too soon and I quickly captured her lips again. This time, she moaned against me and I smiled. “Hey Flynn?” She murmured quietly.