Chapter Twenty Eight: Lingerie Doesn't Hurt

I woke up next to Flynn the next morning with a fiery determination. I noticed that I was clad only in his boxers and he was only wearing a pair of sweatpants. I blushed as thoughts of last night flooded my mind. Flynn must’ve noticed my squirming and let go of me. “Morning, beautiful.” He whispered. My blush grew and he smiled.

“Morning.” I whispered back, pecking him on the nose. “I have to take care of a few things, so I’m going to head out, okay?” He nodded and closed his eyes, flopping onto his stomach. I gathered my clothes and went to the bathroom where I took a quick shower and pulled them back on. I silently padded out of Flynn’s room and down the stairs. I needed to find Damon. He was the one who seemed to know Flynn the best out of all the guys, and maybe he could help me figure out what to get Flynn for his birthday.

Damon was seated at the kitchen table, eyeing me like a predator as I sat down against him. “Sleep well, princess?” I blushed again and he laughed a full, throaty laugh.

“I need your help with something extremely important.” I whispered. Damon leaned forward, intrigued.

“Is it life or death, princess? Because I have a date in…two hours.” I gaped.

“What?! With who?” Damon rolled his eyes.

“Who else do you think, princess.” I nodded knowingly and patted him on the back. Thank God he and Paisley were getting together. I was so excited to help her get ready and then hear all about her date.

“That’s great!” I squealed. “Anyway, what should I get Flynn for his birthday?” I whispered, watching the stairs carefully. Damon grinned wickedly.

“Lingerie doesn’t hurt.” I gaped and he laughed. “Close your mouth, princess. You’ll catch flies. Amongst other things.” His impish grin grew and I smacked him hard on the chest. He winced. “You sure can pack a punch, princess.”

“No really, what do I get him? What does he like?”

“I don’t really know. He likes girls, he likes cars, he likes food. You could get him a car with a hot girl and a plate of cookies?” I rolled my eyes. I was getting nowhere with him.

“What about like a necklace?” I asked. Damon shrugged.

“He’s your boyfriend, not mine. I have to go start getting ready for my date now. Goodbye, princess.” He stalked up the stairs and away from me. I groaned. “And don’t worry, princess. Your secret is safe with me.” I stood from the table and went back to my cabin to help Paisley get ready for her date.

~                                                          ~                                                          ~

“Iris!” Briar and Paisley exclaimed in unison as I entered the cabin.

“How did your date go?” Paisley asked excitedly as Briar applied the finishing touches to her makeup.

“Damnit, Paisley stop squirming. You need to hold still!” Briar snapped. Paisley apologized and closed her mouth, sitting still.