Chapter Thirty Nine: Celebrity Perks

“Iris you need to hurry the hell up in there!” Paisley screamed, banging her fist against the bathroom door. I chuckled and kicked the door. Paisley came barging through the bathroom door and ran for the shower. Briar came in a few minutes after her, makeup bag in hand. I was busy trying to slip my new black dress on and she came behind me and yanked it down. She gave me an excited grin and went back to the counter.

“That’s a cute dress!” she chirped. Paisley whined from the shower. “What’s wrong, deary?” I gawked at Briar’s sudden chipper behavior. Not that Briar was always a negative person, but she certainly was never this…enthusiastic

“Iris you stole all the damn hot water!” Paisley grumbled from behind the curtain. I smiled sheepishly.

“It’s not easy managing all my hair!” I replied. “You’ve got next to none!” A few seconds later, she turned off the faucets and stepped out of the shower, glowing.

“You’re lucky I’ve done rafting trips where our only source of water was a freezing cold river.” She stepped out of the room to change into whatever she was wearing for our date night tonight. That’s right, I said it!  Date night!

The five boys, and their respective girls if they had any, were going out for a night on the town. The boys were taking us out to dinner and dancing in Vail, about thirty minutes away from us. We were supposed to leave at 7:30, and it was 7:25 now. We weren’t going to make it.

Briar wasn’t even dressed. Paisley was in the process of dressing herself, and I hadn’t even touched my face or hair. And of course, right on cue, someone knocked on the cabin door. Paisley shrieked and Briar cursed.

“Just a second!” I called weakly. It didn’t work. Damon came bursting through the doors, the other four boys behind him. Upon seeing our lack of readiness, Damon cursed.

“Princess, we don’t have time to dilly dally.” I gave him an incredulous look.

“I’m not the only one who isn’t ready!” I cried, running into the bathroom with my makeup in hand. I heard a few more voices and knew the other boys were now in the cabin.

“ Damon! Get out I’m getting dressed!” Paisley screeched. Damon shrugged and sat on the bathroom counter.

“Not that I minded the view, sweetheart.” He winked at Paisley and she turned bright red.

“I-I’m not changing in front of you!” She snapped, running into the shower. Damon chuckled and slinked off the counter. I scooted him aside and quickly applied my makeup: a little bit of blush, some eyeliner and mascara and blue-gray eye shadow.

I rushed back out into the room and saw Flynn casually lying on my bed. Alone. I gulped nervously, suddenly very self conscious of the tight black dress I was wearing. What if I didn’t look good in it? I tiptoed as quietly as I could to grab my pair of shoes. Briar had insisted that I wear her ‘cute boots’ with a pair of lacy stockings. I leaned over, hoping that Flynn couldn’t see too much as I put the stockings and shoes on. I turned around to see Flynn sitting up, watching me with a predatory gaze. I gulped nervously and began to shuffle out of the room when Flynn grabbed my arm and spun me around so I slammed into his chest.