Chapter Thirty Two: Silence

Flynn POV

She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. The way she less than gracefully popped up from under the table, not even wearing a wig. Even though this little girl had some sort of illness, she didn’t have a care in the world. It didn’t stop her from doing normal things like cleaning the house, spending time with her sister, and living live. Her beauty paled in comparison to Iris of course, but her very personality, her innocence, her good nature was beautiful. It took me a couple of moments to finally adjust to meeting a sick kid who was acting so…normal.

When Damon introduced me to her, I tried my hardest not to stare or smile too weirdly. I didn’t want to creep the poor kid out. When she said she knew who we were, I tensed. Iris had yet to remember who I was. I had just figured it was a side effect of the amnesia from the accident. Once she got her memories back, she would remember exactly who I was and who the boys were. And hopefully, it wouldn’t screw our relationship up. Iris seemed not to notice her sister’s comment and proceeded into the kitchen to prepare our meal. Opal quickly followed and I turned to the boys.

“She knows about us. Does that mean Iris knows, too?” Caleb asked worriedly.

“No, I don’t think she does.” I replied.

“But Briar and Paisley know.” Landon said.

“That doesn’t mean anything, dipshit.” Damon chuckled.

“Do you think you should tell Iris before Opal does?” Mason asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t think Opal is going to tell her. Opal probably thinks she already knows.” I responded smoothly.

“But what if she actually doesn’t know?” Mason worried. I bit my bottom lip. As much as I hated to admit it, this was a possibility. If she knew that the boys and I were famous, would that change everything?

“I honestly think it’s the amnesia.” I reassured the boys. Caleb glanced toward the kitchen and cursed.

“She’s going to burn the place down. C’mon let’s help her out.” We all joined the girls in the kitchen. Iris was a hot mess trying to handle boiling the pasta, and Opal was burning the sauce. She tried a taste of it and grimaced, announcing that the sauce was ruined. Iris cursed and I slid past her toward the fridge, rummaging around for some tomatoes.

I would fix this dinner. “Thank God you have some tomatoes.” I said under my breath.

“Flynn, you don’t have to do that.” Iris said hesitantly. I rolled my eyes and waved my hand.

“I don’t want you burning down the house. It’s no big deal.” Iris didn’t reply and instead came up behind me and slid the cupcakes into the oven. Hopefully, she wouldn’t ruin these, too.

“Flynn what’s taking so long?” Iris complained, taking a seat on the counter.

“This isn’t from a jar, Iris.” I retorted. The boys began conversing with Opal and Iris and I silently went to work preparing a tomato sauce. It wasn’t going to be the best sauce because I had limited resources, but it was certainly going to be better than what was previously prepared. My thoughts were broken by the smell of burning baked goods. The boys freaked out once opening the oven and seeing the cupcakes Iris and Opal had prepared aflame.