~2~

"Jungkook, sweetie, are you excited to be attending school here again?" Your mother asks.

"Um, I don't know," her son responds, scratching his head. "I don't think anyone will recognize me."

"Nonsense! My son was and forever will be a handsome young man, and nothing will change that." You cringed at your mother's choice of words, but remained silent anyway. "Now, go out there, and enjoy your first school day back!"

As the two of you stepped foot into the building, you felt the gaze of everyone's eyes swarm over you like a thick blanket. But they weren't focused on you. They were focused on your handsome brother standing to your right.

"Is that...Yoon Jungkook?"

"Who's that boy? He's so handsome!"

"When did Jungkook come back?"

"Damn, it sucks to be Y/N."

"Oppa, walk faster," you say, tugging on his jacket. You wanted to escape the uncomfortable atmosphere to protect your sanity at all costs.

He confusidly complied as he felt the forward force on his sleeve, and you led him to an overall deserted hallway where no one would stare at you both. "What is it, Y/N? Why are you so tense?" He says, taking your tight shoulder muscles between his fingers.

"I-I just don't like b-being stared at," you say as you look down to hide your twisted facial expression. "E-Especially when..."

"Especially when what?"

"N-Nothing. It's stupid," you grit as you push him off and walk towards your first period class.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Damn, your brother got hot," your best friend, Somin, tells you as she takes a bite of her ham sandwich, making you roll your eyes.

"Would you shut up?" You nudged her before attempting to distract yourself with your own lunch.

"What got you so grumpy today?"

"This morning...uh..." you couldn't find the right words to vocalize your thoughts clearly. "Never mind. I don't want to talk about it."

Why did Jungkook's arrival affect you so much? He's your loving, caring brother who you were ecstatic to be with after three years, but why would that affect your behaviour in school?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ 2 years ago ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Why are you so sad, Y/N?" Your creepy classmate breathed on your ear, enjoying the way your weak self reacted to him. "Aww, is it because your Jungkookie isn't here to save you? That's too bad..."

You shut your eyes tight and attempted to push his body off of yours. "I told you, I don't want to go out with you!" You yelped, longing for someone to come to your rescue as you felt your abductor's hands on your sides.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ 

A tear escaped your eyes as you recalled that horrible memory where he wasn't there by your side, but now that he's here, you're afraid of him getting hurt, too. But why? Everybody in your school loved the talented, golden child, so why would they hurt him?

Scratch that thought. You're afraid of him turning against you.

  ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅   

A/N: Chapter two and I'm already escalating things quickly. 😂