~28~

"No way. You just found this out?" Jimin asked in confusion.

"Yeah," Jungkook groans.

"Damn, that's rough. I'm sorry you have to go through this, Jungkookie. I mean, you never got to know her," the older puts his hand on the younger's shoulder.

"It's not just that, hyung."

"Then what is it?"

"Y/N...I...fell for her."

"Ah," The orange-haired boy chuckles. "That's..."

"It's fucked up, I know. You can call me creepy all—"

"No, it's not that. She doesn't know any of this, does she?"

The brunette shakes his head. "Well, if you want to date her, you have to tell her eventually, otherwise she'll still see you as your real brother."

"Yeah, I understand, but hyung, it's so damn hard."

"Why?"

"To tell her. I-I'm just afraid that she'll think I'm lying or something, then push me away because I want to be in a relationship with her."

"If she thinks you're lying, then that's her problem."

"But what if she reports me as a sex offender or something?"

"She won't do that to her brother. You said she was clinging onto you like a koala at the hospital, right?"

"But she's better now. I-I'm just scared of what she's capable of at this point."

"You trust me, right Kookie?" The older takes the brunette's hands in his and looks in his eyes, being met with a small nod.

"Okay, go tell her now. You'll do well. Fighting!"

"Fighting."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You were organising your cluttered room, which your mother had been pestering you for the last three weeks to do so. Afraid of the consequences that were brewing inside her head, you finally decided to complete the task at hand after putting it off for so long.

Looking at your now clean, made up desk, you smiled to yourself and tucked a few strands of hair behind your ear while admiring your finished masterpiece.

"Okay, let's arrange this mess of a closet now," you said to yourself, sliding the wooden doors that revealed a monstrous pile of mainly black fabric.

You heard the door creak, making you groan to yourself in frustration. "Argh, I forgot to close the d—hi, Oppa."

"Is now not a good time?" Jungkook asks walking into your room with his arms crossed.

"Uh, Eomma wants me to clean my room but—"

"That's fine. I'll leave if you need me too."

"Ah, wait! Is it important? You can talk while I clean."

"Umm..." he scratched the back of his neck furiously, looking at the ground with a face full of worry.

"Oppa? Is there something wrong?"

"It's just better if we sit down face to face and talk. That's all."

"Okay. I have time," you say, determined to elicit some sort of genuine response from him. "Come sit."

You sit criss cross apple sauce on your bed, facing each other while doing so. "So, what's the matter?"

"It's a long story, and you may hate me by the end of it, but Jimin hyung said it would be best to tell you."

"Okay..." You could see the fear and concern in his eyes even before he started speaking, which led you to believe that he was being genuine after all.

"You and I, we..." he breathes heavily, darting his eyes down to the floral design of your duvet.

"What are we?" You furrow your brows in confusion as you speak.

"We're not...we're not siblings."

Your eyes widen in complete shock as you take a few seconds to register the words he just said. After fifteen years of living with him under the same roof, you never expected something like this to occur. Remembering when Jungkook was there during your birth and all the memories of playfully running around as children, you wondered if that was all a lie, and he was just a pawn in some game of playing with your feelings. "H-How long d-did you know?" You ask as your vision blurred up with tears.

"I found out three weeks ago," he continues to look down, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white.

"Look me in the eye when I talk to you, asshat!" Now the tears were really rolling down as if there was a drought on your cheeks that needed to be saved.

Jungkook tilted his head back up to look at your face, which caused his to match yours slowly. He wanted to hold you close and kiss the crown of your head telling you that everything will be okay, but knowing that he was the cause of your pain glued him to his designated spot on your bed.

"I'm being honest, Y/N. I even have my birth certificate. Here," he hands you a folded square of dull paper, and you reluctantly take it, fingers trembling while trying to grasp the flimsy object between them.

"I'll leave you alone, then." Jungkook slides off the bed and curves his lips up into a shy smile before turning his back on you. Biting your lip harshly, your heart yearned for him to be near you and give you comforting warmth, but your mind immediately went to the thought of unveiling the whole situation before doing anything else. But that involved asking him one thing.

"How are you sure that this Jungkook is you?" You ask, also getting up from your bed.

He sighs deeply before craning his neck around to face you. "I found the certificate in our attic while you were still unconscious."

You sigh before allowing him to continue. "I'd like you to meet my mother, Y/N. She can tell you a lot more."

The door slammed shut in front of you, which brought a sudden darkness to your room. "Jeon...Jeon Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook," you muttered, trying to get the name that had etched itself in your brain all your life out of your head.