~11~

The wait was killing you. Every time the clock ticked, your body was becoming number.

Screw it.

You're out racing for the golden doorknob.

"O-Oppa?" You croaked, opening the door of Jungkook's bedroom enough so your voice could be heard, but you couldn't be seen.

"What is it, Y/N?" He asked.

"C-Can I talk t-to you?"

"Yes, come in. Why are you hiding behind the door?"

"I do—" you were cut off when the door was opened fully, revealing you in your weakened state to your brother. With puffy red eyes and nose, he couldn't help but stare at you. No matter what expression you wore, your beauty still shined through.

You did the same, eyes darting to his swollen red lips and disheveled brown hair. He was beautifully messed up, but you wished that you didn't have to witness who did that. Your thoughts clouded up your brain, and you didn't even notice an arm yank you into the room and slam the door behind you.

"Sit," Jungkook commanded, gesturing to the bed, and you complied. "So, you wanted to talk?"

His arms were crossed, lips pressed into a thin, straight line with blank eyes. There were no soft parts to his expression, like there usually is when you've been with him.

"Y-Yeah, umm, it m-may sound stupid but—"

"I won't know if it's stupid until you tell me, Y/N." His authoritative tone and dominant stance cowering over you made you hug your knees. This couldn't be your brother. He was too sharp and volatile with the way he was talking to you.

You hesitantly look up at him before asking the question you wanted to. "W-What do you d-do when you l-like someone but t-they're in a r-relationship with somebody e-else?"

Jungkook inhaled deeply through his nose before sitting beside you and ruffling his hair. "I don't know, Y/N. Maybe distract yourself from the person you like?"

"That's w-what I've been doing you d-dumbass," you punch his chest weakly while hiding your face.

"Alright, hey now." He grabs your wrists and turns you to face him. "No need to get mad. What specifically have you been doing?"

"Going out with some other g-guy."

"And how are you two doing?"

"Fine. We're just friends, though. I can't really see him as anything more."

"Well, if you bond with this guy, then your friendship will surely distract you from everything."

"That's the thing; I'm craving something bigger. I just don't know where to get it from."

"Well, I'm sorry, Y/N, but I don't know what more to suggest."

Why would he, when he's clearly dating someone?

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked something so stupid," you grit, starting for the door, but before you could open it, Jungkook turned you around by the shoulder and pulled you close to him, bodies touching.

"No, no, it's not stupid. I just wish I could help you, but I can't," he said softly while caressing your cheek and looking up at you.

His lips found your upper cheek quickly before returning his gaze to yours.

"Hey, are you okay?" You ask.

"Yeah, I am, why?" He continued to make gentle strokes and move some strands of hair out of the way.

"Nothing, you seemed a little...out of it when I first came in."

"Ah, sorry about that," he said, finally breaking out into a soft smile that exposed his bunny-like teeth. "I'm tired and there's a lot of stuff on my mind, I guess."

"Well, if you ever need to talk about anything, I'll be here," you smile back and reach up to trace his cheek scar with your fingers before brushing his bangs away.

"Thank you, Y/N," he responded before pulling you into his chest.

You immediately responded to the hug, wrapping your arms around his broad shoulders and inhaling the sweet scent of his cologne. His hands drew crescent moon shapes on the small of your back, and his nose and lips on your ear sent tingles throughout your body.

"Oppa," you mutter against the soft fabric of his shirt.

"Hmm?"

"Mom's going to be home soon."

"Oh, yeah," he said as he pulled away from you. "Bye, Y/N."

You started towards the door. "Bye, Oppa."

And as everyday would pass by, your feelings for him would grow stronger and become harder to deny.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A/N: Jungkook's hair will still be brown in this story but can we just talk about his new pink-red hair? I mean...