~29.5~

The car ride was initially tense as the only audible sounds were your heavy breaths along with the humming engine. Not wanting to breathe the air of this awkward atmosphere for the next four hours, you decided to break the silence with a question that's been on your mind since the day you decided to clean your room.

"What made you go up in the attic?" You asked, continuing to look at the grey road.

A deep sigh could be heard from your left, but Jungkook eventually spoke up. "It was while you were unconscious," he began. "The doctor told me that you needed a blood transfusion, and when she told me that...well, Eomma and Appa weren't eligible donors, I volunteered. But then she told me that they put specific instructions on your file to only have direct family members give you blood.

"I got so confused at first because I, like you, thought I was your real brother all your life. After arguing with the doctor for God knows how long, she told me that I was adopted.

"As soon as visiting hours were over, I ran home to search for my birth certificate, and found my real parents' information on it. That's how I came in contact with her, Y/N. And then she told me everything."

"I still can't believe this. You're not...related to me?" You ask, breaking off mid-sentence.

Jungkook shook his head. The lie that you've lived with all your life erupted inside you, causing your heart to beat violently and tears to seep out as you panted heavily. You spent so much time cultivating and growing your love towards him, only to realise now that you've planted the wrong seed and given it the wrong nutrients.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Jungkook asks, using one hand to shake your shoulder aggressively.

The earthquake-like sensation surging throughout your body caused your head to spin and a sick moan to roll off your lips. It soon became too much for your body to handle, and then you were swallowed by a dark void that took over your senses.

"Y/N!" The brunette cried, desperately pulling over on the side of the road. Seeing your flimsy, unresponsive body, he flung his seatbelt off before rushing to your aid.

Carrying you bridal style and gently laying you on the ground, he was quick to place his palms on your chest and push down on it.

"Y/N, p-please," he whimpered, still seeing your limp body lay lifeless below him.

Tears fell and created dark dots on the thin material of your shirt. Not seeing any signs of life, he took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself before thinking about doing the unpredictable. "I'm sorry," he muttered to himself before enveloping your lips with his.

Saline liquid trailing down his nose to yours, he huffed deeply a few times before continuing to compress your chest.

A few more pumps, and a deep gasp could be heard coming from your mouth.

Seeing your eyes flutter open to a dark sky and loosely hanging brown strands, Jungkook's cheeks were soon painted with thick, clear streaks as he smiled seeing you come back to life. Pushing you deeply in his chest and repeatedly kissing your forehead, he allowed the last few sobs to escape his lips as he gently cradled you. "You're awake, you're awake."

"O-Oppa," you heaved under him, bringing your hand up to wipe his tears as you released a couple of your own. "Why are you crying?"

"I thought I lost you," he winced at the pain in his heart caused by the thought that you could have possibly died just now.

Lifting your weak body up in his arms, he gently held you before meeting his gaze with yours. "Do you want to lie down?" He asks.

Shaking your head, he opened the car door with one hand as you clung onto him for support before you were placed in an upright sitting position.