~30~

"Welcome, second semester of hell," you chuckle along with Somin, who you haven't gotten to see in a while. At least your best friend could keep your mind off of the Jungkook drama. "How was your trip to Hawaii?"

"It was amazing. The place looks even better in person."

"Does it really? I guess I'll have to check it out, then."

A male voice that you haven't heard in a long time initially confuses you, but when you turn away to find a ashy-haired man with familiar features, you smiled in relief. "Jisung!" You exclaimed, standing up and hugging him tightly.

"Hey, Y/N. How was your break?" He asked, returning your hug.

"It was great. How was yours?"

"I could say the same."

After hearing you both giggle at each other, Somin got up from her seat and huffed. "Alright, you lovebirds. I'm going to go to another table."

"No, Somin! We were just saying hi!" You pleaded.

"Sure," she says, looking down at your waist which was now a resting spot for Jisung's hands. Trailing her eyes back up to yours, she sent you a wink before walking away.

"Excuse her. She tends to ship me with other people. A lot." You emphasize the last part, making sure that he got the message that you weren't some slut dropping in on him.

"Point taken," he smiles before slipping himself away from you. "Hey, I know that this may sound straight forward, but now that finals are over, I really want to spend more time with you."

His comment made your insides flutter, but not as much as Jungkook's comments did. However, even after knowing that Jungkook wasn't your real brother, you still weren't prepared for the imminent chaos that would follow once you decided to date him. "Okay. How does after school at my house sound?"

  ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅  

"Jisung! You're getting flour everywhere!" You shout, taking a damp paper towel to wipe up the spilled powder that clung to the floor and countertops.

"Oops, haha," he laughed, causing you to immediately raise a wooden spoon up at him which eventually made him flinch.

Since there were some eggs and butter that were on the verge of expiring, you thought it would be fun to make some cookies before the time would come to throw the ingredients away. Well, Jisung's would probably turn out as sugary hockey pucks with the way he was handling them.

"Have fun at the dentist's office," you stick your tongue out as you place the circles of raw batter in the oven.

  ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅  

Why did it affect him so much? Why couldn't he just move on with the fact that you grew up with him as your brother and you wouldn't see him as anything more? Why couldn't he just convince himself that you were lying that night in the motel? Why was everything so complicated?

Jungkook used this biting energy to kill off the last few people in his game of Overwatch, clicking the mouse button furiously and taking short breaths as his eyes were locked on the monitor in front of him.

"At least they're dead now," he scoffed to himself before slumping on the bed. Somehow, putting all of his energy into a video game wasn't enough to make him feel satisfied at the outcome. So, he punched his metal bedframe.

Punched.

Wincing at the pain in his knuckles, he saw what caused it—the scraping of skin and the small amount of blood that pooled inside.

Seeing the dent in the metal, Jungkook groaned at the thought of how your parents would take away some of his privileges for making that big of a mark.

"Jeon Jungkook," he mumbled to himself. "Jeon Jungkook."