~25~

The sky had been blanketed in darkness by now, so Jungkook thought that like any normal family, people would be all cozied up in their blankets while dreaming of unicorns and rainbows. Of course, that wasn't the case for him.

The poor boy hadn't slept well at all, so he figured that it was best to try to do so. The one thing that was keeping him from doing so was the anticipation of meeting his real parents. He was getting impatient as he fisted the blankets and curled into a fetal position.

Maybe it was time to take those pills.

Jungkook headed over to the medicine cabinet and took out the small, plastic tube with little white tablets held inside.

Eyelids droopy and head collapsing, he allowed his hand to loosely let an amount of pills to land in the palm of his other hand.

As the powdery bitterness coated his tongue, he took a long swig of water to wash it down, wincing at the pain in his esophagus caused by the texture of the pills. Slowly trudging back, he allowed his body to slump on the mattress before dozing off.

  ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ 

"Kookie-ah, wake up." Your mother allowed her in the room.

"Mmmm..."

"Go visit Y/N today. You didn't see her properly yesterday."

"Mmmm..."

"Be sure to bring her some spicy chicken feet. She loves those."

"Mmmm..."

"Are you even listening to me, Jungkook?"

She yanks the duvet off the boy, allowing the cold air to give him goosebumps. "Eomma!" he whined.

"Appa and I are going to work. Don't forget what I told you."

"I won't."

Then, Jungkook let the comfort of his memory foam mattress pull him into a deep slumber for some time.

  ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"W-why hasn't Oppa come to see me yet~?" You say, dragging every word as you wake up from your slumber, still attached to the hospital bed.

As if your words were his cue line, Jungkook walked into the room. "Heyy, Oppaa~"

"Morning, Y/N," he mustered a smile.

"Where were youu yesterdayy?" You whined.

He didn't want to tell you the truth until you were fully recovered, being that large news would shock you even more and, you'd be hooked up to IVs longer.

"I was in the waiting room, but they wouldn't let me in."

"Whyy? You're such a sweet Oppaa~" your hands unknowingly found their way to cup Jungkook's cheeks.

He chuckled before gently locking his fingers around your wrist. It was the first time he allowed his full bunny smile to be shown in a while, and he enjoyed the feeling. "They said you needed to rest. And you still sound like you do."

He kissed the palm of your hand before locking his gaze with yours. "Oppaa, don't leave meee,"

"I'll be back soon, okay? Eomma told me to run some errands."