~44~

You returned to your ghost town of a home, shuddering at the dullness that enveloped you once you entered it. If you continued to live here, you wouldn't be sure if you'd make it out alive, and your mother didn't have the time or money to buy an apartment, even.

"You okay?" Jungkook asks, waving his hand in front of your eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about something."

"You said that ten minutes ago."

Jungkook comes closer to you and places his hands on your hips, pressing your warm bodies together.

You remember just now how you were ready to fully commit yourself to him, but this spooky building you were in just didn't feel right, and it made you queasy.

"What is going on in my baby's mind right now?" He kisses your forehead.

"This house gives me the creeps."

Jungkook still thought you were being playful around him, so he continued to kissed the top of your head as your arms uselessly gripped his forearms.

"Oppa," you say, hoping that he would take you seriously right now.

Your tone made him stop and look at you, dark brown orbs shining with concern. "What's the matter, Baby?"

"Like I said, this house gives me the creeps."

"How so?"

"I don't know, it's like I can feel Appa watching us somehow. I know you kicked him out and stuff, but I can still feel his presence, and it frightens me."

Jungkook felt you tremble in his arms, so he placed your head near his beating heart, the slow rhythm giving you some sort of tranquility as his hands moved to your upper back.

"I have an idea," he said after about a couple minutes of hugging.

"Now's not the time for your innuendos, Jungkook," you mumble against his chest.

"Hear me out first, Y/N."

You sigh, waiting for him to say something that'll make you want to repeatedly nag at him for days.

"We fix this house."

Fix? What is this, Wreck-It Ralph?

"What do you mean fix?"

"I mean we give it a makeover. New paint, new furniture arrangement and all that."

"Are you crazy, Oppa? Where will we get new furniture from?"

"We won't get new furniture, Silly. We'll just upgrade what we already have."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Just do what I do, Baby," he kisses your forehead again. "Now come on. It's shopping time."