~38~

A/N: Extra long chapter today, yay! 😁

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

Who could it be at this time of morning? You thought as you lifted the covers off your warm body and came to a stand at your door.

If you were ever woken up, it was by Jungkook and his non-stop shower of kisses, so this was a weird occasion.

Tiptoeing quietly, you realised that the knocking noise came from the front door of your house, not the bedroom one.

No one was downstairs in the kitchen, so Jungkook was probably still fast asleep.

Like you predicted, loud knocks could be heard from the front door, so you opened it quickly and...

"...Jisung?" You croak.

The silver-haired boy you hadn't seen for the past couple of months was standing right there with a wrapped box in hand, smiling just as brightly as you remember. "Somin told me that your birthday was today, I think, so...I brought this for you," he says, hands shaking as he hands you the box.

You reach out to grab it, unsure of whether he was actually trying to get back with you or not. Regardless, your heart belonged with Jungkook and that was a fact.

"Thank you, Jisung, but you didn't have to do this," you say, rubbing the silky wrapping paper.

"I wanted to make up for not seeing you all this time."

At this point, you were confused as to why he didn't confront you sooner regarding this matter, so you questioned him about it.

"I-I...your brother seemed overly possessive, so I wanted to give it some time," he stammered. "If you'd like, we can start hanging out ag—"

"I'm sorry, but I think I'll pass," you say, closing the door in his face. Oh, shoot. You forgot to give him the present back. It wasn't a big deal; you could always regift it to someone else.

As curiosity took over you, you slumped back on your bed and tore the paper off of the box, revealing a tinier cardboard container underneath. After you slipped the lid off, you could notice the sharp glare of metal against the sun's rays, which belonged to a keychain with little food charms on it. Sweet, but not in this case. It was puzzling as to why he decided to drop this in on you thinking that you'd forgive him.

Sighing, you place the keychain aside and lean back against the comfy pillows on your bed, wondering as to how your birthday started off so rocky.

"Happy birthday...what's wrong, Baby?" Jungkook's beautiful morning voice interrupts your train of thoughts as he sees you staring at the crack of your closet door.

Shaking your head and blinking a few times, you look up to meet his face which was now across from yours as he sat criss-cross-apple-sauce in front of you.

"Nothing," you say, chuckling nervously. "Just lost in thought."

"Well, loosen up. It's your birthday," he says rubbing his hand on your shoulder and kissing your cheek. "What do you wanna eat, Baby? I can make it for you."

Smiling at his sweetness, you respond with French Toast, which was something your parents refused to make because they thought it was too sugary.

"Alright, go wash up and I'll be back in a minute," he says and leaves the room.

After following up with your morning routine, you walk out and find Jungkook propped up on your bed with the plate of food in his hand, smiling as he eyed your lean figure make its way towards him.