~40~

"Come in, come in," Jihye gestures the three of you to step foot inside her house.

"Jihye, you didn't have to do this," your mother says.

"Sooyoung ssi, don't worry about it. Just sit down and rest; I'll be back with some tea, okay?"

You've never seen this raw side of your mother before. She was always one to brighten up your day and raise the Yoon family with a smile on her face and positive sense of humor. When your father just pushed her away, it seemed like her source of power disappeared, and now, she has no current to keep her alive and running.

Watching her helplessly sit at the table as she cried her eyes out was a truly heart-breaking thing to witness. You've never experienced that level of heartbreak, but you could understand a sense of it recalling your earlier three years without Jungkook by your side.

You looked at Jungkook and he nodded before both of you stood up and went to her side of the table, embracing her and rubbing slow circles on her back as she continued to drain the saline liquid from her eyes.

"Thank you so much for supporting me, for supporting us," you begin.

"Although my biological mother is actually making us tea right now, I would still consider you as another mother to me. You raised me, supported me, cared for me, and done so much more, and just know that Y/N and I will always be by your side," Jungkook continues.

"Oh, kids! I love you both to the moon and back." She turns around and stands up to pull you in for a close-knit group hug, weeping in each other's arms afterwards.

Jihye smiled to herself as she began to pour out the tea into three separate mugs, placing them on the table.

"Alright, let's enjoy this tea Jihye made for us; thank you so much, dear."

"I just heard Jungkook's call and couldn't help myself to bring you here. Also, I have no one other than myself to spend money on, so there's that," said woman chuckles, making all of you do the same to dilute the thick atmosphere. "Anyways, there are only two bedrooms and three people, so would one of you mind sharing a room with the other?"

Jungkook nudges your thigh and raises his brow at you, making you slap his chest lightly. "Jungkook, there are people here," You whisper-yelled.

"Jungkook and Y/N, you are free to be yourselves in this house," Jihye smiles reassuringly.

"But where will you sleep, Jihye dear?" Your mother asks.

"On the couch," she says, but your mother was quick to insist on sharing a room with her, so Jihye eventually gave up.

This was the start of a new beginning, not for you, but for both mothers as well.