~21~

A/N: WARNING! This chapter contains sensitive content.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The brunette laid low in your room, pulling furiously at his brown locks while grunting loudly at what he'd just done.

He was so stupid. So naïve to think that you would accept how he truly felt about you.

His three years in America led him to believe that love was flexible and forgiving, and allowed any two people to give their all to each other, seeing many couples of all races and genders out on the streets, so maybe he had a glimmer of hope that a little attraction toward you would be enough to justify his action.

Oh, he was very much mistaken.

This is Korea, where relationships are forced upon young adults by their elders, the younger ones simply acting as a pawn and following their footsteps in this sick, twisted game.

When Jungkook heard soft thumps and the faint noise of metal brushing up against metal from downstairs, his ears perked up because he wondered who would be down there at one in the morning. Your parents were fast asleep, and he assumed that you were too tired from all the drama to even move a limb.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ meanwhile ∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Your stomping feet carried you to the guest bedroom in your house. Hugging your knees tightly, you felt more secure with your thoughts in this closed, dark room with the soft mattress beneath you.

Then, like an unstable dam, you broke, and the reservoir of emotions that swelled up inside you finally dispersed into the outside world.

Your chin hit your chest as you weeped, not minding the ugly sounds that came out of your mouth.

You loved him. You loved that he could make a wrong situation feel so right by simply embracing you and showering your face with pecks while whispering words of reassurance in your ears. It had this numbing, euphoric effect on you that you couldn't seem to grasp.

When he kissed your lips just now, your heart raced so much that you gave into him, but you took a glimpse through the fogged lens of your mind and could see...maximum destruction.

Your mother and father beating themselves up for raising such fucked up kids. Those same people being ashamed that you were of their flesh and blood. The uncomfortable stares from your friends and classmates at school when they'd find out that you and your brother were in a fucked up relationship. Everything was just fucked up, and these thoughts were a giant red flag signaling that you couldn't be with him. Society just wouldn't allow it.

So maybe, you weren't meant to be a part of it.

Slowly creaking the door open, a bright gold strip of light could be visible coming from your room, signaling that Jungkook was still awake. Now wasn't the time to be curious; you had to go down to the kitchen. Now.

Trying to mute your footsteps as much as possible, you trotted downstairs to pull out the drawer of silverware that had just been cleaned by your mother earlier this evening.

Being that it was too dark to see, you relied on your sense of touch as you tried to feel around for a long metal object with a sharp edge.

Bingo.

You brought the blade to your wrist, pressing it firmly before you felt liquid pool up and the sharp sting of dish soap make you whimper. As you indented the blade into new, clean spots of your arm, you internally felt satisfied as you began to choke on the lumps forming in your throat, tears falling into the open wounds, bringing more pain to your body.

Satisfied that everyone who would turn against you in the future for having feelings for your brother would proceed to live their normal everyday lives. Satisfied that they can watch you suffer for all the wrong thoughts that accumulated in your head.

Soon, light whimpers began to turn into sobs, and it's almost like you've reconstructed these sentimental walls and broke them down again too many times that you were just tired of everything. You wanted to be free from this hell.

"Y/N!" You heard a familiar male scream.

When the cold metal object was snatched from your grip, you brought your head up to make eye contact with the last person you wanted to see right now.

Eyelids heavy and droopy, you were too tired to fight back for your blade. Your head swung around in lazy circles before feeling a warm chest up against your shoulder and two hands caressing the injured skin with his feather-like strokes.

"O...Op...pa," you mumbled before letting your eyes slowly shut and envelop you in complete darkness.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A/N: IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

I do not support self harm. Unfortunately, depression is a common problem most people face at sometime in their lives, and some people have a harder time dealing with it than others. Each day, hundreds of people die due to suicide because they felt isolated and lonely and didn't have a group of trusty people to go to. It's sad, but it's the truth, and we all have to accept it sooner or later.

I wish to everyone reading this to please spread this message to people around you that you are important to a group of people who may already be in your life or may appear later. If you are hurt, someone else will feel your pain from one mile to millions of miles away. Love is that powerful, and we all need love in our lives, otherwise we'll fall into the trap of feeling lonely and isolated.

Please remember this. If any of you feel the need to talk, then I'm here for you, and I always will be.

Love you all. ❤️