~22~

"She has lost a lot of blood, sir, so a blood transfusion will be required."

"How long will it take?"

"We're finding some compatible donors right now, but I will update you as soon as possible."

"Okay, thank you, doctor."

The doctor smiled at Jungkook before he sat down, twiddling with his thumbs and praying that you would be okay.

A tear escaped his lids as he placed his sweaty palms on his cheeks, feeling hot and cold sensations simultaneously.

Some time later, the doctor returned. "Jungkook ssi?"

Said boy sat at the edge of his seat as soon as he heard the woman speak.

"Yes, Doctor?"

"Your parents weren't compatible donors, but some extended family members with Y/N's blood type came in, so she'll be fine."

"Wait, can you test me? I'm fine with being a donor."

"I appreciate the offer, Jungkook ssi, but I'm afraid that your parents have requested blood from family only."

Something didn't seem right. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah, I'm really sorry, but since Y/N is still a minor, her parents put special requests in her file."

"No, what did my parents say?"

"They said to only accept blood from people with the same bloodline."

"This doesn't make sense, Doctor. I'm her brother. Why can't I give my blood?"

"You're her adoptive sibling, not her biological one. Now if you'll excuse me, I have blood to collect."

Did his ears just deceive him?

Jungkook needed to figure out if this lady was lying to him or not. He had to see his birth certificate, and he had to see it now.

Your parents kept a copy somewhere in the house, but he didn't know where, meaning that he would have to rummage through every cabinet he could find.

All is worth it if he's finding out who his real parents are, and why they were never there for him.

    ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅     

A/N: 96 reads on this? Am I dreaming? Do you think we could add another four? 

756 reads on "The Bet"?

Thank you so much, guys. ❤️💜