~46~

The hard work was done, and now all that needed to be done was decorating. Although it took a long time, it wasn't as long and tiring as the paint job was.

Your house no longer looked dull and withered, but rather colourful and lively, giving off a positive vibe to those who were inside it.

"We did it, Baby," Jungkook hugs you from behind, swaying you gently in excitement. "Let's go show your mom now."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"It looks beautiful!" Your mother cried, hugging you and Jungkook while kissing both of your cheeks. "I'm so thankful for you both!"

"You guys do something to celebrate. My babies worked so hard," she cups both of your faces and smiles widely.

"We want to include you, too, Eomma," you tug on her arm.

"Oh! Let's make a cake!" Jungkook suggests, jumping up and down lightly at the idea.

"We just cleaned the house, Oppa," you say and lightly massage your itchy scalp.

"Are you implying that we won't do the dishes, you lazy bum?" He slaps that area, making you gasp.

"I'm fine with it, as long as you leave my house clean," your mother says, sitting down on the couch with her evening tea.

"See?"

That wasn't enough to convince you.

"It's a celebratory dessert. Aren't we celebrating a new beginning?"

"Fine."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The cake was done, and Jungkook worked on a batch of frosting while it was baking. When the oven's timer beeped, you took it out carefully, being sure not to drop the scalding hot pan in your hands.

"Damn, that's some good cake," Jungkook comes up from behind and gropes your ass cheeks.

Your cheeks became hot like the pan due to the embarrassing situation you were in.

"My mother is here!" You whisper-yelled, pushing his hands away from your body.

"She seems pretty chill to me," he gives in and makes his way to the other side of the kitchen island.

"Cake is ready!" He called out, placing the dessert on a fancy plate and evenly frosting it.

"It looks delicious!" She exclaims, an all three of you sit down on the couch with a plate of cake in hand.

School was tomorrow, and this year was going to be better than the last because you're one step closer to freedom.