~18~

A/N: WARNING! This chapter contains sensitive content.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

As he watched the last embers die, Jungkook was still wide awake with his arm wrapped around your sleeping figure. Your head was perched up on his shoulder, eyes shut and lips parted as you breathed lightly under him.

Soon, there was nothing remaining to heat and light up the room, and his surroundings faded into pitch black.

Jungkook seemed to have unknowingly blinked, since he felt his eyelids slowly open up to see the same exact hallway. He memorized every square centimeter of this place, since it has been in his every one of his dreams.

Hearing those same screams and cries for help, he immediately remembered that a young mother and her child were in danger, so he ran to the door and ghosted through it to find the same scene he encountered the previous time.

Although Jungkook had seen this exact moment before, the pain it brought him was still fresh and deep, and he wished that he could have the power to protect the woman and he child from the man's gun which was cocked and ready to fire. For the first time in his life, he felt helpless, and hot tears began streaming down his cheeks.

 For the first time in his life, he felt helpless, and hot tears began streaming down his cheeks

"Give me the baby, Jihye," the man said, still aiming high for his victims.

Just his voice was enough to send chills down the brunette's spine. It was cold and threatening, very much how he felt at the moment, since he felt some sort of attachment with Jihye and her baby. He could feel their tremors of fear and vulnerability as if the three were one person.

"N-No. You'll h-hurt him," Jihye said in between sobs as she buried her child deeply in her chest.

A gunshot fired, just millimeters away from her ear, making her jump in fear and clutch her baby tighter. "If you don't hand him over, that bullet will go right through his head."

He let out a sinister laugh, causing her to growl. "Why are you doing this, Dong Woo? What will you gain out of this!?"

Dong Woo walked over and kneeled to Jihye's eye level. He carressed her cheekbone and jaw before burning her insides with his death glare. "I'm simply making life easier for us, Baby. Why can't you see that?"

He moved his face closer to her's, before she spat in his face. "You're sick. You're a sick human being, Dong Woo, and nothing will change that."

"We both know that we're not ready to be parents, Jihye. Why can't you just leave him alone and we can live our lives normally as high schoolers?"

"Nothing has been normal after you got me pregnant. We both dragged ourselves into this mess, and now we have to live with it."

"No, we don't," Dong Woo gritted as he put the end of the gun at the girl's jaw. "We'll leave him for some desperate fuck to come and get him."

"He's your fucking child! Do you not show love and affection towards your own child!" Jihye began to wail again as she desperately tried to argue in favour of her son.

"Of course I do, Baby. It's just that I think we need to look after ourselves, first."

"Don't you fucking call me "Baby". I'm not your baby. You go look after yourself, because I'm staying with my son whether you like it or not!"

"Fine, I guess he'll have to die, then." He cocks the gun once more before Jihye screamed.

"NO! Shoot me all you want, but I will not let you kill my child."

"Now, I love you too much to do that."

"Bullshit. Just pull the trigger already."

And so he did, which sent a shooting pain throughout Jihye's arm, causing her to loosen her grip on the baby and clutch her fresh wound.

Dong Woo walked down and scooped the baby in his arms before running away from the desperate girl, whose gunshot wounds made it impossible for her to stand up and run after him.

"I love you...Jungkook-ah."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A/N: That was probably the longest and most intense angst scene I've ever written. I'm literally sweating right now.