~25.5~

Jungkook couldn't process your thinking. He thought that after you angrily rejected him, you would push him further and further away until he couldn't fight back anymore. But here you are, wanting him to be by your side even after what he did to you.

Remembering that you were still recovering, he didn't want to waste your energy on some pointless argument. "Okay," he said, letting your hand slip from his grip. "I'll stay."

"W-Wh—," you muttered before you saw him walking over to the couch in front of him, turning the lights off and lying down on it before turning to face you.

"No, Oppa. I meant stay here," you patted the space besides you on the bed. "With me."

He smiled and stared at you not lustfully, but lovingly and full and concern. Cupping your cheek with his left hand, Jungkook spoke to you softly. "I'm afraid I'll mess up again."

He looked down at his feet, trying to hide the tears that were now streaming down his cheeks. That plan failed, since soft sniffles led you to believe that he was crying. "Oppa," you do the same to him as what he did to you. Like you predicted, his skin was warm and moist under your thumbs, so you stroked the area softly in attempts to stop him from crying.

Jungkook only cried more as you pulled him onto the bed and laid the sheets over his body. He felt like he was so close to being able to have you as his own, yet some unknown force was preventing him from going further. It could possibly be that he was afraid of you feeling betrayed and confused after he'd tell you everything, and then he'd have no chance of winning you over.

His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist as he wept in your chest, soaking your thin hospital gown with his tears. "Oppa, why are you crying?" You ask, stroking his brown hair gently.

"I-I'm just...I don't know," he sniffled. "Something b-bad's gonna happen."

"What will happen? You'll break up with your girlfriend? Ah, it's n—"

"I broke up with her in Shanghai."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Oppa. I didn't know—"

"It's fine. I have you, anyways."

You tilt his face up to meet your gaze before you wiping off any final tears and smiling at him lovingly. Even though he made such an intense move on you, you were still his little sister, and you'd always be there for him no matter what. "Get some sleep, hmm? You have a long day tomorrow."

"I'll try."