Chapter 2: Welcome To My World

"Hi, my name is Alexis. May we come in?" 

The woman stares at me with wide eyes. My smile widens and I cock my head to the side, listening to her heartbeat.

Two small little girls come running up to the door, curiosity all over their cute little faces.

"Mommy who's this?" The older child questions, grabbing her moms hand.

I glance back up to their mothers face and smile again. She snaps out of it, yes I know i'm gorgeous, and blocks her little ones from seeing us.

"Can I help you? She doesn't look so good. Is she going to be okay?" The woman questions, eyeing the lycan slumped next to me.

I narrow my eyes at the woman and I feel my eyes flash red. She gulps but holds her ground.

Brave. 

"Yes, she'll be just fine. May we come in Ms..."

She pulls her eyes from my face to the lycan and back. I arch an eyebrow and wait for her name.

She finally gets what I'm waiting for.

"April. My name is April. This is Abigail and Shonda." April says, motioning to her daughters.

She motions to the girls, and they wave. I wave at them and bow to Ms. April.

Abigail grabs my hand and drags me in the house and up the stairs. 

"Little one, I need to get my friend off your porch."

I walk back out the door, lifting my werewolf and bringing her in the house.

"You're strong. Lay her on the sofa." April says, pointing at the black leather sofa.

Gently laying her on the sofa, she groans but stays asleep.

Good.

Sitting on the floor in front of her, I glance up and look into the face of Ms. April.

"Who are you, and why are you here?" April questions, pulling her girls closer to her side.

"I shouldn't be telling you this but seeing as you let us in your house. As I said before, my name is Alexis, and I'm a vampire. This is a lycan, she was dying in the forest and I had to save her. I bit her, and now she's in the process of becoming a lycan/vampire mixed. Crazy right?"

Ms. April is just staring at me. She starts to smile and then laughs. Well, at least she isn't screaming.

I think.

"Well, I've never heard that before. Don't get me wrong, I believe you 100%. You don't look normal at all.  You're not going to attack my kids, are you?" She questions, nervously glancing at the sleeping hybrid.

I glance at her kids and feel my eyes flash from the rapid speed of their beating heart.

Ms. April grips her kids to her side, and my eyes flash to her face.

I roll my eyes and settle back against the sofa.

"No, I'm not going to touch your kids. Yes, they smell good, and their heartbeat is appealing, but I don't do the whole human blood thing. It's not my style. There's nothing to worry about."

I hear the lycan groan, and a growl starts to bubble up from her chest.

Swiftly standing, I move to protect the humans.

The lycan groans and tumbles to the floor. She glances at us, and her eyes flash red with black specks. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" The hybrid groans out, clutching her head.

She tries to stand but tumbles back to the floor with a groan.

Tilting my head to the side, I glance over my shoulder and push the humans towards the other sofa.

As soon as they take a seat, I slowly walk back over to the lycan, who growls as I get too close.

"Easy there. I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Alexis, Alex for short. I saved you from a female hunter in the forest. You were injured badly, and my instincts told me to save you. I..I bit you, you're a hybrid now. You can't move too much. Your body isn't used to having all this power or having two beings fighting for dominance."

She looks up and takes a deep breath. Her eyes start to change colors.

My eyes flash in retaliation.

"You bit me? Did you kill the woman? I.. Thank you." She says, grinning at me. 

Smiling at her, I wave off her appreciation.

Grabbing her by her arms, I lift her up and steady her on her feet.

Well shit she's tall as fuck compared to me.

She groans and leans her head against my shoulder, breathing in my scent.

"My name is Malia. I was born in a coven about 30 miles from here. My pack was hunted. All were killed but me and the woman you killed in the forest. I'm new at shifting so I'm a lot harder to kill. The last shot would've killed me if it wasn't for what you did. For that I'm forever in your debt." Malia explains before she slowly kneels and crosses her hand over her chest.

What's she doing?

Snorting and pulling her up again, I look towards Ms. April and the girls.

"So what now? If she's a new shifter and a freshly made hybrid, should she be in a house? I mean you guys are welcome to stay but I can't have you two feeding off the local animals. Would bring unnecessary attention." April says, eyeing Malia up and down.

Never thought of it like that. She has a point.

Glancing up at Malia, she shrugs and lowers herself back to the couch with a groan.

"You're right. We can't stay here. As soon as she starts shifting again, her vamp and lycan are going to be out of control. I have to get her trained. I'm not sure how long that'll take but we'll return eventually. I would say give me a call if you need anything but I just so happen not to have a phone."

Ms. April laughs and Malia snorts.

Narrowing my eyes at all of them, I walk to the door. Glancing over my shoulder at Malia. She stands and hugs Ms. April and the girls.

"We'll be back eventually. Try not to get in trouble."

They smile and I quickly walk to them and engulf them in a tight hug.

Kissing their cheeks, Malia and I walk outside. After checking to make sure nobody is around, Malia shifts into her lycan and takes off into the woods.

Throwing my hands up in the air, I roll my eyes and take off after her. The laughter of April and the girls fading into the background as I chase my lycan

Please be safe. You guys are family now.