Chapter 57: Scaredy Cat

I do not own any of the Twilight character

The hunters become the hunted.

Great.

"What's the plan boss?" Terrance questions, rubbing his hands up and down Shannon's arm.

"I'm not sure yet. They can't touch us without Malia knowing. That dark ring around the territory is marked, anybody that doesn't belong to either of the covens, it'll set them on fire.

"Is she a vampire or lycan?" Mark, one of Kraven's lycans ask, staring at a frowning Shannon.

"Neither. Why?" Terrance asks, a silent growl leaving his chest.

Mark shrugs and smirks.

"She looks kinda good. Do you drink from her?" Mark questions, eyes slowly turning yellow and black from hunger.

"I don't drink human blood. Not my thing." Terrance says, tightening his hold on his mate.

"Don't knock it till you try it. How can you resist the urge to bite her? She smells amazing." Mark says, smirking.

"Control your lycan or I'll break his neck." Malia says, walking past with her pups behind her.

"He means no harm. He won't touch the human, none of us will." Kraven says, glancing at Shannon.

"Speak for yourself alpha. She's easy picking." Mark says, smiling at the uncomfortable girl.

"Do you want your neck broken? She'll actually do it and take on the entire coven if they decide to attack her."

Mark looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"Look, I'm hungry and she's the only human here." He says, growling and swallowing the venom coating his teeth.

"Touch her and it'll be a war you're not prepared for." Max says, stepping up behind Shannon.

"You don't want these type of problems Mark." Abbey says, eyes turning red, body starting to shift.

"Protective. I've gotta try her." Mark says, blurring to Shannon, taking her into his arms but before Terrance can move Mark starts to choke from nothing.

"I said control your lycan or I'll break his neck. What part did you fucking miss Kraven?!" Malia says, coming around the corner into the living room.

"Are...are you choking him?" Caleb questions, wide eyed.

"I said he'd lose his neck. Allow me to make an example out of him. Nobody and I mean nobody will touch the girl. She is spoken for and apart of my fucking pack. You want her, you're going to have to kill me." Malia says, growling, causing thunder to crack across the sky.

Malia growls and the dark grip on Mark's neck tightens and his neck suddenly snaps, his body dropping to the floor.

Kraven stands straight up and growls at Malia, his pack standing with him.

"You killed my lycan." Kraven growls, eyes turning black

"I told you to control him. You and him didn't listen." Malia calmly says, shrugging.

"Kill her." Kraven says.

Three of his pack members rush Malia. Before they lay one finger on her, the pups crash into them, pinning them down by their throats.

"Did you really think they'd let you get close to me? Besides, he's not dead. Just not breathing." She says, eyeing the knocked out lycan.

"He's not dead? What the fuck was the crack?!" Caleb growls, squatting next to his pack member.