Chapter 16: Training

"What I miss?"

Malia glances at me and I notice her hybrid is showing.

I cock my head to the side, confused.

"Malia won't change us. She thinks she can save us all." Kayla bitterly response.

I glance at her and Malia, a frown on my face.

"Why won't you change her Malia?"

Malia's head quickly turns, causing her neck to snap, and glares at me.

My frown deepens.

"They are not being changed. We can protect them." She growls out.

I roll my eyes at her and move to sit in a chair at the blueprint table, Chey takes a seat on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

She's warm.

There's the look again.

"Malia, I know you think you can protect us. You died once, I won't stand by and watch you die again." Kayla says.

Malia growls and turns her head, not wanting to meet the eyes of her Kayla, knowing she'll cave.

"I can't change you. Why do you want to be changed so bad?" Malia mumbles, voice deep as fuck.

Kayla walks up to her and grabs her face, pulling her face towards her.

"I want to live. We want to live. If me living forever beside you is what I'm gaining then so be it. I know you're scared, shit I'm scared to but you'll feel better about us being out there on that field if we are damn near indestructible. You know i'm right." Kayla softly says, caressing her hybrids cheeks.

Malia mumbles something so low even I can't hear it.

"Fine. I'm not changing you until the others are trained. Everybody else can be changed whenever but you are not being changed until the others are trained. Understand?" Malia growls out.

Kayla smiles and nods, pulling Malia down for a kiss.

We all look away to give them a sense of privacy.

Chey turns my face up to look into her eyes. She looks over my face and smiles. Her eyes flash a white color before turning green again.

I smile at her and pull her a little closer. She smiles and lays her head on my shoulder.

Chey places a gentle kiss against my neck before inhaling my scent. A purr rising from her chest, causing me to tighten my hold on her.

She kisses my neck again before looking back at the hybrid and her Kayla.

Kayla pecks her lips one more time before walking away, my Chey in tow.

I watch Chey's hips as she walks, head cocked to the side. Malia walks up to me, arms crossed.

A smile takes over my face.

"You're so whipped."

A snort leaves her but she doesn't deny it. I glance up at her, her eyes still on her human waiting at the door, my vamps hand in hers.

"You're one to talk. You haven't realized that Chey is your mate and she already has you wrapped around her finger." She says, a grin slowly spreading across her face.

I narrow my eyes at her.

Glancing at said vampire, she is already staring, a flirty, sexy smile spreads across her face.

I arch a eyebrow and smile back. She winks and turns to Kayla, whispering so low in her ear.

"Told you." Malia mockingly says.