Chapter 19: Mine

Don't worry, we'll catch him.

Malia and I made it back to the camp just as the sun was setting.

Malia shifts back and walks towards the room she shares with Kayla, slamming the door. I roll my eyes and go to my room.

Opening my door, I spot Chey sitting on the window seat, a book in hand.

I smile and silently blur to her, startling her.

"Jesus Christ Alex, what the hell?!" She says, holding her chest, heart pounding.

I laugh at her and sit infront of her. She rolls her eyes but smiles at me.

"I couldn't help it. You're still new, I move very quiet. Makes me a better hunter."

She rolls her eyes but nods her head.

I lean in and softly kiss her.

"What was all the noise with Malia? Did you find the person that gave you the note?" She asks.

I growl under my breath and I hear a faint growl down the hall.

"He talked to us. We couldn't get our hands on him and he kept breathing on me. It pissed her off."

Chey growls but nods. She walks towards the closet and throws one of her shirts at me. I run it across my chest and on my neck.

She smiles satisfied.

"What does he want?" She questions, closing the closet door.

I motion her to sit down. She walks back over and cuddles up against my chest.

"He basically wants Malia to go to that warehouse. He didn't say what for but he wants all of us to go now. We leave tomorrow."

She sighs and stands, dragging me over to the bed. I lay back and she climbs on my lap, straddling me.

"We'll be safe right? You won't let anybody die right?" She ask.

I shake my head and she grins, laying ontop of me. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

We silently make our way to the warehouse. I hold my hand up and everybody stops. Malia lays a hand on my shoulder and I nod at her.

"Stay here. Keep your ears open." She says, aggravation clear in her voice.

She kisses Kayla and nuzzles her head against me.

She slowly walks toward the warehouse.

I can faintly make out a huge shape.

It's him. 

I watch as Malia stops before she gets to the door. His huge form walks up to the door and I tense.

He's to close to my lycan, my growl bounces off the trees.

"Tell your vampire to calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." He says.

Malia growls and waves her hand at me.

My growl stops and I glare at the giant lycan.

"Step out of the shadows. We won't hurt you if you don't hurt us." Malia bites out.

The lycan chuckles and steps from the shadows, the ground shaking under his weight.

The stranger smiles at Malia and eyes her up and down.

I hear Kayla growl and fight to stay in her place.

"My my my aren't you beautiful." He says with a smirk on his face.