Chapter 11: Relax

This is where I belong.

This is the life.

Sitting on a rooftop, sunbathing, with the sounds of my humans splashing in the pool and the deep grumbles of a napping Malia.

Smiling, I inhale and smell all of my family and the hunters.

Cracking one eye open, I stare at the hunters slowly walking towards us with something hidden behind them. 

"Is there something I can do for you hunters?"

I hear them pause and their heartbeats speed up. Their scents wash over me, causing my head to snap towards them, eyes turning pitch black and rimmed with red.

I hear Malia inhale and stand up.

Jon and Kiyan gulp but don't make a move to run.

"We come baring thank you gifts." Jon says, smiling.

My eyebrow automatically rises and Malia snorts.

They all smile at us.

Jon and Kiyan walk towards us, bring a couple of blood bags from behind their backs.

My nose instantly flares and my fangs grow.

Fuck those smell good.

Glancing at Malia, her nose is flared, eyes dark red and fangs extended.

Jon walks right up to Malia and extends the blood bag to her.

"Here. I know it won't make up for how I was acting towards you but I also caught a mountain lion for you. I know blood won't fill you up." He states with a hint of gratitude on his voice.

Malia cocks her head to the side and slowly grabs the blood baggie, lifting it to her nose she takes a small sniff. 

"I promise it's just blood. We didn't add anything to it. We just noticed that you two haven't went hunting in awhile, so we thought why not bring the hunt to you." Kayla, one of the younger hunters, states with a shrug.

Well she does have a point.

Kayla tosses a blood baggie to me, I watch as Malia rips the baggie open and sucks the blood out, skin noticeably becoming healthier and more taunt.

I sink my teeth into my baggie and down it in one gulp.

Oh man that's good.

I feel my eyes dilate and my fangs shrink back into my gums.

Malia is already in her lycan form and eating the mountain lion. My humans are eating cheeseburgers, fries and drinking milkshakes. 

"Thanks for the food. We appreciate it."

They nod and wave off our praise. They shuffle their feet and stare up towards the sky.

Rolling my eyes and taking a seat next to April, I stretch out and cross my feet at my ankles, waiting.

"What is it?"

Kiyan grins and sits around the pool. Malia walks up to the edge of the roof and lays on the edge, foot dangling over the edge, head facing the hunters.

"Well have you guys ever tried changing somebody willingly?" Jon asks. 

"No, why would we do that?" Malia questions in her quite deep voice.

I notice most of the girls stare at her, eyes wide. Rolling my eyes at them and snapping my fingers.

They jump and blush.