Chapter 58: Warzone

I do not own any of the Twilight character

A fight.

I'm excited

I take a seat on the steps after waking from my weekly death sleep and watch as the packs fight each other.

My mate on one side of me and Rose on the other.

"Do you think we have a chance?" Rose's soft voice breaks the quiet bubble we're in.

I glance down at her and shrug.

"Alot of us could die. Is everybody aware of that?" Chey questions, glancing around the field.

Grunts and whispered yes reach our ears.

"We will not go out without a fight." Jake says, watching his shifted brothers attack Kraven's pack.

"Wouldn't be a fight if Kraven would just go home. We wouldn't even be involved." Max grunts, crossing his arms.

"You think we want you involved? We go home, he'll kill us all." Trent, a younger member of Kraven's pack growls, eyeing the vampire.

"Not our problem." Max says, shrugging.

"It is when our mates have formed a connection with their Luna. We're helping, get over it." Malia says, coming from the forest, her shifted hybrids behind her.

"Fine. I don't want any of us to die Malia. That's all I'm saying." Max says, rubbing the back of his neck.

Malia walks towards him and pulls him towards her, laying her forehead against his.

"Nobody is going to die. We'll be fine." She says, patting the back of his neck.

Max sighs and nods, gently punching her in the stomach.

"Find anything out there?"

Malia looks towards me and shrugs.

"Their scent is everywhere. I'm sure they think they're trapping us in. We got something for them." Malia says, growling.

"Which is what?" Kayla asks from inside the cabin.

Malia genuinely smiles at her mates voice, before clearing her throat and focusing, causing Kayla to giggle at her mates embarrassment.

"My hunters will hide in the trees, guns in hand. Yes the enemy hunters have a pack of mutts but their biggest defense are the hidden hunters. The ones ready to gun us down." Malia says, eyeing the hunters turned vampire.

"What do you want us to do?" Joe questions, leaning over the porch rails.

"Use your sight, find the hidden hunters and gun them down." She simply says, shrugging.

"And if they see us first?" Joe questions, scratching his chin.

"They won't. Trust me." Malia says, smirking.

Joe smiles and nods.

Three of his coven members come out the house with boxes and boxes of guns and ammunition.

"Where'd you find these?" Rose questions, eyeing the heavy looking boxes.

"Basement. Always prepared." The young vampire says, pulling one of the assault rifles out and loading it.

"That'll work just fine. You'll stay in the trees, I'll keep you covered." Malia says, clasping her hands behind her.

"And if you lose concentration?"

Everybody looks towards me, causing me to arch a eyebrow.

"I don't control the darkness. It's familiar with all of you, at this point it knows when and who to protect." She says, hinting at the some what moving ever present darkness.