Chapter 41: Sideshow Attraction

Healing sucks.

"Has anyone seen Malia?"

I look around the common room and everybody shrugs.

What the hell.

"She was supposed to be back hours ago. What store did you send her to Shannon?"

"Walmart." Shannon says, worry in her eyes.

I nod and grab a random pair of car keys off the table, unlocking it.

"Kayla, Candace and Max come with me."

They nod and blur to the unlocked Cadillac truck.

I kiss Chey softly on the lips before bluring to the truck and speeding out the driveway to the local Walmart.

We reach the store and spot my Jeep near the back of the parking lot. Parking next to it, we get out and looked around, hoping to spot her.

"She's not out here. Come on, let's take a look inside."

They nod and follow as I walk towards the entrance.

We walk through the sliding glass door and Max's hand on my shoulder stops me from going any further.

"I think I know where she is Alex." Max says, a slight growl in his voice.

I arch a eyebrow at him and take the flyer from his hand.

Come one. Come all. See the brand new attraction to the Out of this world carnival.

Introducing Catalina The Hybrid!! She's rough, mean and mute!!

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Come see us at 1510 Salisbury Dr under the bigtop.

You won't want to miss this!!

An annoyed growl leaves my chest and I crumble the poster up.

Candace taps my shoulder and nods to the people staring at us.

I narrow my eyes and walk away to the car, my vampires behind me.

"Are we going to the circus boss?" Max questions, leaning against the passenger seat window.

"Looks that way. Let's grab the others and get there before Malia tears the place down."

They nod and I speed out the parking lot, Candace following in my Jeep.

"Guys, you're not going to believe this."

The coven looks at me and frowns.

"Where's Malia? Did you find her?" April questions, finishing off a blood bag.

"Oh we found her."

I hold out the flyer and Shannon takes it from my hand. I watch as she attempts to stop herself from laughing.

"That is hilarious." Terrance says, laughing.

"Who's up for a visit to the circus?"

They laugh and make their way to the cars.

We pull up to the bigtop tent, watching as all these families pile out of their cars and into the tent. I step out and the main coven and Malia's pups join me infront of my car.

"What's the plan Alex? As funny as this is, I know my baby, she's probably trying to figure out how to set the place on fire without hurting anybody." Kayla questions, arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

I rub my neck and lean against the sleek black vehicle.

"We observe. Malia isn't going to cooperate with anybody. Add in the fact that she's been kidnapped for some sort of side show attraction, like you said Kayla, she's more than likely annoyed and plotting to blow this tent up."