Chapter 37: Burn It Down

We're safe. For now.

They got to close.

They got to close to keeping her.

They have to die.

They have to.

"What's on your mind?" Kayla's questions, her curious voice brings me out of my dark thoughts.

"Just thinking about how i'm going to kill them."

She gasp and pulls my face towards her.

"You got her back Alex. There's no need for all that." She says, stroking my cheek, trying to distract me.

A involuntary growl leaves me, she frowns and narrows her eyes.

"You should be with me on this. She's your damn mate!! You should be all for them dying!!"

She growls at me and steps in my face, eyes dark as night with anger.

"First of all Alexis, you're acting out of anger. Tone that bullshit down. I am for it but when my mate has to force me to not go back to the fucking camp and kill them with my barehands, then I know it's not worth it. Maybe she should've talked you out of it instead." She growls, stepping out of my face.

I frown and watch as she eyes me up and down and blurs back into the house.

Damn sexy ass woman, always has to be right. I sigh and hang my head over the balcony of the roof.

A dark presence awakens my moping vampire.

I quickly turn and spot a smirking Kiyan.

"Kiyan?"

He smirks and glides towards me, leaning over the railing. I watch as his ghost inhales and exhales multiple times.

"You're disappointing me Alexis. You should know better than to run head first into something. Malia's first death should've taught you that." His ghost says, figure moving with every breeze.

"I know. I fucked up. I'm not built to lead a pack, let alone a coven of vampire hunters."

He smiles and looks towards the moon. I follow his gaze before looking back at him.

"You're being to hard on yourself. You're perfectly capable of running this coven. Malia not so much but still. Your coven will follow you anywhere, no doubt about it. Malia will tell you you're being an idiot and it's not a good idea. Maybe you should listen." He says, grinning from ear to ear.

I sigh and nod my head. He chuckles and then disappears.

"That was wild huh?" Max says, a smile in his voice.

I chuckle and look over my shoulder at his shirtless form. He walks up to me and leans against the railing.

"We saw him float through the front door. It freaked us all out but we saw him heading towards you. Didn't want to disturb you." He says, scratching his bare stomach.

"You could've gave me a heads up. He didn't even say anything to let me know he was there. Creepy old man."

A chuckle rides the breeze causing Max to crack up and me to smile.

"Alex, you're perfectly fit to run the coven. That's why Jon let's you make all the decisions. We'll follow you anywhere. Malia maybe not so much but her mate will, she'll follow by default." He says, chuckling.

"Complaining the entire time."

He laughs harder, clutching his stomach.

"Exactly." He says, chuckling.

He ruffles my hair, causing me to growl. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. He lets his lips linger against my cheek, my eyes automatically close.

"Just talk to us. We'll do whatever." He whispers before blurring away.

I look up at the moon and inhale the scents surrounding me.

I walk down the winding stairs to find the coven waiting for me. I meet Malia's eyes and she growls at me.

I frown and she blurs to me.

"I mean this with the upmost respect. Don't you ever raise your voice at my mate again." She growls in my face, my eyes narrow but my vampire understands.

I nod and hold my hand out.

A smooth vanilla smelling hand grasps mine.

"I'm so sorry Kayla. I'm frustrated and I didn't mean to take it out on you. Forgive me?"

She narrows her eyes at me and slaps me upside the head. She glares at me, daring me to growl at her. I huff and she grins.

"All is forgiven." Kayla says, leaning up to kiss my cheek.

I grunt and glance at my bestfriend. She huffs and drags me into her chest for a hug. I sigh and nuzzle my face against her warm chest.

"Talk to them." She grunts, only allowing me to hear her.

I nod and sigh. Pulling away from her, I turn to the curious coven.

"Bella has to die. She kidnapped our hybrid. I'm tired of these bastards coming out of nowhere attacking us. We don't bother anybody at all. They want what we have. I can admit, Malia is the strongest of all of us. She has the most power and she's intimidating."

Said hybrid grunts and I glare at her.

She smirks and holds her hands up.

"What do you suppose we do?" Jon questions from his throne chair.

I scratch my chin and shrug. Malia groans and pinches the bridge of her nose.

"What do you suppose we do almighty Malia?"

She narrows her eyes at me and growls when I smile at her.

"We invade her camp. She broke into ours, we break into hers. Show her who's superior." Malia grunts, scratching her t shirt clad stomach with a bored expression.

"I vote that." Candace says, holding her hand up.

Grunts of agreement reach my ears. I smirk and glance at Malia. She shrugs and nods. I turn towards the others and smile.

We have a plan then.