Chapter 47: Control

*I don't own any of the Twilight characters or the Twilight scenes. All owned by Stephanie Myer.*

Oh joy.

"Again Paul." Carlisle says, walking around the chained panting hellhound, arms crossed behind his back.

I watch as Malia huffs and puffs, blood dripping from her lip, fiery eyes following a human Paul, whose holding a metal baseball bat.

"Is this really a good idea? The bat is starting to dent." Nessie says from the comfort of Jake's warm arms.

"It's the only thing that's sorta worked so far."

I motion to the blow torch, electric poker, grenades and the rocket launcher that Emmett had for some reason.

Nessie nods and watches with a grimace as Paul swings the metal bat into Malia's exposed stomach.

The flame reignites and burns hotter than the last time.

"Malia, remember to breathe. That's the only way you'll gain control of the flame." Carlisle calmly explains, examining one of her arm restraints.

I blur to him and look over his shoulder.

"What's wrong with the restraint?"

Carlisle glances at me and then back to the restraint, reaching out to touch it.

"It's starting to melt." He calmly says, taking a cautious step back.

I eye Paul, who's setting up to take another swing at a pissed Malia.

He goes to swing at her but I reach out and catch the bat before it can touch her.

"That's enough Paul."

Paul growls at me and let's the bat go, he glances at a growling Malia before shuffling back to his pack that's lounging under the shade of the big oak trees.

"Why'd you stop him? I..I was making progress." Malia struggles out.

I eye her and nod towards her restraints.

Following my eyes, she glances at them and notices the melting chains.

I watch as her eyes widen before turning to meet my eyes again.

"If he would've hit you again, they would've broke and you would've killed him. That's enough for now."

She nods and flexes, effectively breaking the restraints all together.

"That was good Malia but it could've been better. Perhaps there is a better way to do this." Carlisle says from the porch, leaning against the railing.

"Why not use me?" Kayla says from the steps.

I arch a eyebrow and Malia growls at her question.

"Absolutely not." Malia growls, rubbing her wrist.

"That's actually not a bad idea."

They all look at me, well Malia growls at me but I pay her no attention.

"We're not using her as bait Alex." She grunts calmly but the slowly growing fire says otherwise.

"If she's in harm's way, you're only choice is to control your temper or she gets punished. Her being hurt is based on your actions."

Malia nods and Kayla blurs to the melted restraints.

Max and Terrance restraint her in the air with new chains attached to the nearby oak trees and Emmett hands me a new metal bat and electric poker.