Chapter 48: Vision

*I don't own any of the Twilight characters or the Twilight scenes. All owned by Stephanie Myer.*

I hope us staying doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

Walking through a snow covered field, I follow the strawberry scent of my mate. I watch as she dances in a circle, snowflakes sticking to her dark and purple streaked hair.

"Dance with me." She says, holding a hand out to me.

I smile at her and shuffle towards her.

Before my hand grasp hers, blood splatters across my face.

Her blood.

"What the hell? Chey?"

I watch as she falls to the ground in shock and hold the spot where she was stabbed.

I watch in horror as she falls face forward into the snow.

"CHEY!!"

I fall to my knees and cradle her to my chest.

Looking around, I spot my entire coven and the Cullens scattered across the field, dead.

"You're dead."

Is the last thing I hear before somebody slaps me across the face, effectively waking me up.

Grabbing whoever around the neck and shoving them up against a wall, I growl in their face, eyes red with anger.

"Alex, Alex it's me Bella." Bella's says, holding my wrist.

I growl in her face, knowing I'm not fully aware of what's going on and who I have in my grip.

"Let her go Alex." A dark chocolate voice grunts from behind me.

Just her voice alone causes a delicious shiver to run up and down my spine.

Still doesn't get me to loosen my hold.

"Alexis."

At her voice, I whip my head around and stare into the narrowed eyes of my mate.

Acknowledgement flashes through the haze of anger clouding my head.

Quickly releasing the ice cold neck of my victim, I blur to Chey and scoop her into my arms.

She instantly purrs and wraps her arms and legs around me.

"I thought you were dead. I tried to stop the bleeding but it just kept coming, I couldn't stop it."

She whimpers and tightens her hold on me.

"Alex baby, nothing happened. It was a dream." Chey says, placing a kiss on my neck.

I grunt and the haze disappears completely. Staring into her warm eyes, I watch as they narrow at me again.

"Apologize to Bella, now." Chey says, sliding down to the ground.

I turn towards Bella and blur to her, dragging her into my chest.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, it was my instincts reacting to the slap. I'm sorry."

She giggles at my sudden show of affection but wraps her arms around my exposed midsection.

"It's ok. I keep forgetting you're not like us. You react off pure instinct. I shouldn't have slapped you like that but I had been trying to wake you up for an hour." Bella explains, staring into my blood red eyes.