Chapter 46: Hellhound Hybrid

*I don't own any of the Twilight characters or the Twilight scenes. All owned by Stephanie Myer.*

Fire filled eyes meet mine, a smile spreads across her burnt face.

My eyes widen in fear and fascination as her smile fades and she painfully pulls herself out the opening, groaning.

The pups go to her aid but Alice blurs infront of them, hands up.

The pups growl at her but one glare from me and they stop.

Malia grunts and stands up, swaying back and forth before getting her balance.

Her fire filled eyes meet mine again and she blurs to me, squatting to my level, eyebrow arched.

"Why are you on the ground?" She questions, something like fire on her voice.

I flinch from the intensity of her voice and she frowns.

"How are you alive? I saw you. I saw you fall into the fire. I saw you die. How are you here?"

She looks at the others, eyes lingering on her crying mate.

"I did die. Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you. I don't know how to explain it but I do know I'm not just a normal hybrid anymore." She says, eyeing her smiling mate, a grin spreading across her face.

I reach a hand out and rub her cheek.

Her gaze comes back to my face and the flames in her eyes fade to a soft blue ember.

A small grin covers my face and I jump her, wrapping my arms around her neck tightly, her unnaturally warm arms wrap around my waist.

"I missed you. Stop fucking dying. It's been 8 years. That's way to fucking long."

She snorts and rubs her head against my neck.

Sliding down her tall frame, I pat her chest and nod towards Kayla.

Malia shuffles towards her awestruck mate, engulfing her in a gentle hug.

Kayla whimpers and throws her arms around her mate, tightening her arms, crying into her chest.

"I saw you die. I saw you. I thought I lost you. You were dead for so long. I was so lost without you. I'm not even sure if you're really here." Kayla whispers, holding Malia's face between her small hands.

Malia chuckles and a blue ember engulfs them.

"I'm here. I'm sorry it took me so long to find my way back. I'm not leaving you again." Malia grunts, stroking Kayla's back.

Kayla nods and pulls her mate's head down for a kiss, causing the blue ember to blaze a bright red.

"Is that safe?" Kira questions from behind me.

I shrug and observe the ember closely.

It suddenly dies down completely, leaving a normal looking Malia and Kayla.

"What are you?" Carlisle questions, walking towards her, arms folded behind his back.

Malia glances at him and smiles.

"Hellhound." She grunts, eyes taking on that weird flame again, causing my eyes to narrow at her.

"I've heard about hellhounds. Born of anger, hate, and fire. Either with a pure heart or a heart of evil, depends." Carlisle says, rubbing his chin and eyeing Malia's tall form.

"Depends on what?" Kira questions, leaning against a tree.

"The person that died." Carlisle says, walking closer to a curious Malia.

Malia cocks her head to the side and allows him to circle her, touching her unnaturally warm skin every once in a while.

"What do you think Carlisle? Heart of light or darkness?" Malia questions, a smirk on her face.

Carlisle stops infront of her and meets her stare, eyebrow arched.

"Heart of light of course. There's nothing evil in you and you know it. Just ease up on the whole dying thing." Carlisle says, patting her arm.

She nods, he turns and grabs his wife's hand, walking towards the house.

"What now boss?" Devon questions, arm wrapped around his Bella.

Malia shrugs and stretches. I watch as the flame burst to life again but quickly dies down when she relaxes.

"I'm not sure how to control it yet." Malia growls at the flames covering her hands.

I watch as Kayla gently grabs her hands, causing the flames to die down.

"When you're calm so are the flames. Stay calm and you won't do the blaze thing."

She nods at my statement and takes deep breaths.

"I mean staying calm works for the rest of us. This is Malia. Her temper is worse than Paul." Max says, causing Malia to growl darkly and the flame to start up again.

I blur to him and smack him in the back of the head.

"Shut up dork. The goal is to keep her calm."

He rubs his head and smiles sheepishly. Kayla rubs her mates stomach, instantly calming her down.

"Why don't we train the flame and your anger at the same time?" Carlisle says from the porch. Malia glances at me and I shrug.

"Worth a shot. Let's do it."

I hope this work.

Her temper is already bad, add in the temper of a hellhound and she could set the surrounding woods on fire.

Oh joy