Chapter 42: We Need Your Help

*I don't own any of the Twilight characters or the Twilight scenes. All owned by Stephanie Myer.*

Vacation time.

I glance down at the moss covered ground studying the color and texture of it.

Chey slips her hand in mine and smiles at me.

"Come. Let's finish exploring the Amazon." She says, excitement in her eyes.

I nod and watch as she walks ahead, catching up to the strolling shifted Malia and human Kayla.

I watch as Malia suddenly slips from the mud she accidentally stepped in.

Terrance, Max, Caleb and Vincent die laughing, falling on the ground holding their stomachs.

My eyes widen as I try and keep from laughing but her annoyed growl throws me over the ledge and I bust out laughing before a giant ball of mud hits me in the face, knocking me on my ass.

"Fuck Malia! That shit hurt!"

She chuckles and shifts, wiping the mud on her face on a towel that a chuckling Kayla holds out for her.

"Good." She replies before abruptly turning and growling, her lycans right behind her.

I stand and wipe the mud off me, walking towards the commotion.

"Please. Tell her to calm down. I mean you no harm." A soft melodic voice says from the cover of the trees.

I arch a eyebrow.

"Step from under the trees and I'll think about it."

She giggles and steps into the opening. I immediately notice her bright golden eyes and pale ass skin.

Vampire. A different species of vampire.

"I'm Alice Cullen. I've come all this way to meet you." The golden eyed pixie says.

I frown and glance at Malia.

She shrugs and shifts back. Her lycans follow and slink back to the shade under the trees.

"Alexis. Call me Alex."

I hold my hand out to her. She smiles and skips forward to shake my hand, testing my name on her tongue.

"Malia." Malia grunts, surprisingly holding her hand out to the pixie vampire.

Alice's smile gets wider and she blurs to Malia and shakes her hand, whispering her name.

"This is fantastic! You're more than what I imagined when I saw you in my vision. My brother Edward said I'd never be able to find you but I did. I found you!!" Alice exclaims, jumping up and down, still holding Malia's hand.

A dark growl causes Alice to let her go and Malia to look towards the pack.

Kayla growls and bares her teeth at Alice.

"No need to worry. I have my own mate back at home." Alice explains, hands up.

Kayla stops growling and narrows her eyes at her.

"Why did you come looking for us?"

She looks from the pack and meets my eyes, her grin leaving her face.

"My family. We're about to go to war with the self named kings of the vampire world." She explains, rubbing her arms.

"Why?" Malia questions.

Alice looks up at the tall, normally indifferent, lycan and sighs.

"My newly turned sister has a child. A hybrid child. She gave birth to my niece while she was still human. My brother changed her as she died. The kings, well Volturi, seem to believe my niece is a newborn child." Alice explains, a frown taking over her pale face.