Chapter 15: Problematic

My heart giving it's last beat.

Darkness is all I see.

I hate when I die, it's the worst shit ever.

I mean well ya know, death by itself is bad or whatever but you get my point.

It's to quite in my head.

I hate these two days of death.

It's annoying and I miss my family.

This just needs to be over.

I look around the dark space that is my head and see all the memories flash past over and over. I roll my eyes at the memory of Percy and I fighting. Smiling at the memory of me ripping his head from his body.

Two memories stand out. When Malia and I first came to terms that we belong to each other.

A genuine smile takes over my face.

The next memory, the look in Chey's eyes as she hears that im sick.

I look closer at the memory, rewinding to when she came into the field after her first hunt.

What is that?

That look in her eyes as she stares at me. The increase of her heart beat. The way her eyes traveled the length of me.

What is that?

Suddenly, a sharp pain goes through my chest, causing me to lose focus on the memory and clutch my chest.

The sharp pain hits my chest again. I'm suddenly dragged out of the darkness and into blinding white light, gasping for air.

Hands are gripping my face.

"Jesus Christ Alex!!" Candace exclaims, her warm vampire hands pulling my face towards her.

Dark almost black eyes meet bright milk chocolate eyes.

"Candace?"

A bright smile spreads across her.

Candace, my love. She looked after me.

She gently lays her head against mine and I inhale her newborn scent.

"I'm so glad you're awake. Everybody has been going insane without you around, especially Malia." She explains, helping me sit up, slowly might I add.

My throat is so dry.

I need to feed and quickly.

"How is Malia doing?"

Candace meets my eyes then looks away. She sighs and wraps her strong arms around me, keeping me leveled.

"Not good." Candace replies.

I sigh and grip her shoulder, walking in silence.

We reached the throne room and she opens the door, causing everybody to turn towards us.

Gasp bouncing off the wall.

The rapid pounding of every human's heart fills my ears and clouds my senses.

They are my friends, not my food.

They smell good as fuck.

My eyes search for Malia amongst the figures watching me.

As soon as I spot her, I hold my hand out towards her and she's in front of me gripping my hand before I even have a chance to breathe, her face in my neck.

"Don't you ever do this shit to me again. I almost lost my fucking mind." She growls out in that deep voice i've missed hearing.

I slowly and painfully wrap my arms around her neck, hugging her to me, her arms getting tighter around me.