Chapter 30: Move

"Come. Let's get her home."

I move towards Malia and slowly pull her heavy body onto my shoulders, a groan leaving her chest.

Kayla rubs my shoulder and motions for me to follow.

Grunting from her weight, I shuffle forward out the door.

The others meet us in the hallway and crowd around us, making sure nobody gets to close.

Upon reaching the exit, Malia slips from my grip, hitting the ground with a thud and a groan.

"Malia, what the hell?!"

She turns onto her back and cracks her dark eyes open.

Suddenly, lightening streaks across the sky.

I glance up and notice the sky is only dark directly above us, not all over.

"Sorry. I didn't want to be carried anymore." Malia grunts in her deep, dark chocolate voice.

The lightening cracks across the sky again with every groan.

"Are you doing that?" Alec questions from the cover of the trees.

Malia groans from shrugging.

Huffing, I sit her up and then push her to her feet.

"C'mon, get up big child."

Malia grunts but stands up, clutching her stomach. Kayla rushes to her side, sliding both arms around her toned waist.

Rolling my eyes, I follow behind them to the camp.

Reaching the gates of the camp, Malia looks up and the lightening stops automatically.

Rolling my eyes, I help her into the camp and to the wound clinic.

A doctor automatically starts wrapping her burn wounds.

I nod to the door and everybody but the main supernaturals leave.

I watch as the others lean or sit on the counters, waiting for what I have to say.

"We need to move."

Silence meets my statement.

The only sound is Malia's grunts and the ripping of the bandage.

"Move? Move for what? Why?" April asks, rubbing her forehead.

Malia grunts and lifts herself up, electricity shooting from her fingers.

"Sorry." Malia whispers, grinning.

Rolling my eyes, a small grin spreads across my face.

I watch as she leans against the head of the bed, rubbing her bandaged torso.

"We're being found to quickly. Moving to a more...crowded area, will make it harder for us to be spotted."

They nod and look to me for guidance.

"When do you want to move?" April questions from the corner, arms crossed, a bored expression on her face.

A small grin takes over my face.

"You're such a vampire."

April smirks and winks at me. A chuckle leaves me and I turn to the others.

"We move early in the morning. Go feed and start packing your shit. That goes for the rest of you."

Audible grunts and the sound of doors being opened and closed reach my ears.