Chapter 40: Drama

I love drama.

Walking into the common room, Chey wraps her arms around my neck, gently hugging me.

I wrap my good arm around her and kiss her forehead.

"Alpha." Devon says, bowing his head.

Malia grunts and holds her fist out to him. He smiles and bumps his fist against hers.

She looks at Bella and narrows her eyes before nodding to her to place the tray on the table.

"At what point were either one of you going to tell me you were mates?" Malia questions her pups.

Devon and Bella eye each other before meeting their alpha's eyes.

"Bella thought you wouldn't approve of the pairing. Since she did kill your sire and whatnot." Devon says, looking everywhere but at the narrowed eyes of his grumpy alpha.

"I'm mean. I wouldn't deny you your mate Devon, no matter how much she annoys me. I wouldn't want Alex to deny me my mate, I wouldn't listen but that's not the point." Malia mumbles, pulling said mate into her side.

Devon nods before looking at his lowkey scared mate.

He frowns and walks towards her, lifting her face towards him.

"I'm sorry for everything. I didn't want to accept the mate pull when you were younger but I can't and don't want to fight it anymore. Please. Please don't deny me." Bella whispers, eyes starting to water.

Devon sighs and pulls her into his toned chest.

"I waited this long. I wouldn't dare deny you." Devon grunts, kissing her forehead.

She sighs and kisses what part of his chest she can reach.

"Gross." Malia grunts before Kayla smacks the shit out the back of her head.

Bella narrows her eyes at her Malia and growls.

"Thanks for the heads up Malia. You could've told me she doesn't eat human food." Bella says, turning in her mates arms, glaring at her alpha.

"Where's the fun in that?" Malia questions, smirking in her direction.

She's suddenly infront of me, pressing her forehead against mine.

"My Alex." Malia whispers, gently pulling me closer.

I smile and nuzzle my face into her neck.

"Hmm. What is it that you wanted Malia?"

She leans back and frowns before her thoughts came back to her.

She nods towards Terrance and a sleeping Shannon.

"She wants an explanation. Terrance is your vampire so I thought it'd be best if you gave him permission." Malia says, shrugging.

I nod and shrug towards Terrance.

"Shannon? Shannon baby wake up, we gotta talk." Terrance whispers in her ear.

She groans and sits up. He smiles and kisses her gently.

"Shannon, I'm guessing you're wondering what exactly we are."

She nods and rubs her arm. I smile at her and hold a hand out to her. She grins and walks to me, threading her fingers with mine.

I watch as she runs her hands up my warm arm before covering my hand with both of hers.

"I'm a vampire. Malia is a hybrid. A mixture of vampire and lycan. Terrance is a vampire, along with everybody else, well besides Abbey and Kayla. We won't hurt you."

She nods and looks around, eyeing Malia more than anything.

Malia smirks at her before winking.

"What about the ones that broke into the house?" Shannon questions.

I shrug and slowly sit down in on one of the couches, holding my stomach, deep breathing.

"Those are hunters. They hunt and kill any and everything that is supernatural. Anything that doesn't look like them."

She looks down, confusion on her face. Malia huffs in annoyance.

"Did you kill them all?" Shannon questions, curiosity in her light brown eyes.

"No. Each place has a group of hunters.  No matter the state, city or county, they all have a group of hunters. It's life."

She nods and rubs her temples.

"Have they killed any of you?" She questions.

I smirk and look at my coven.

"We used to be bigger than this. We lost alot of members but we're still thriving."

"Cool. Wait, do I have to be turned? Ya know, since I know about you guys?" Shannon questions, eyes wide with fear.

"Not unless you want to be changed. We don't care if people know. Just the less that know, the longer we can stay in one place. No biggie."

I shrug at her and go to stand, quickly losing my balance.

Before I actually fall on my ass, a strong hand grabs me and gently lets me down.

"Thanks Mia."

Mia smiles and bows to me before moving back to the corner.

I make my way to the pool house and slowly walk down the stairs and into the luke warm water.

"Alex, I'm going to the store for the human and her visiting friends. I'll be back whenever." Malia grunts from the driveway before starting my jeep and speeding away.

I look towards the blue sky and take in the sun.

Healing sucks