Chapter 39: Exile

Her screams fill the room.

I watch as Bella is thrown to the center of the field and my lycans circle her.

Chey stands to me left and Kayla to my right. I inhale and step forward, my true hybrid taking over.

"Bella, you have been a weak excuse of an alpha. You have killed an alpha, regardless if she's a vampire or not, in order to take what doesn't belong to you. Plead your case."

Bella meets my expressionless face, eyes wide and begging.

"I ran my pack with strength. They were trained well and survived for so long because of me. This is a mistake. The vampire that was killed was just that, a vampire. She wasn't a werewolf or lycan and never will be. For that i'm not sorry she's dead." Bella says, breathing hard from all the adrenaline and the fact she's scared out of her mind.

"She was an alpha. You killed her." Chey growls, baring her fangs.

I hold a hand up to her and the shuffling vampires standing on the edge of the forest.

"For your punishment Bella, I condemn you to exile. You will never be accepted by another pack. You will never belong to another pack for as long as you walk the Earth. You knew the penalty for killing another packs alpha."

My ever present darkness brushes against my skin, bringing the woodsy smell of my sire to me.

I pause for a second, moving my eyes at the dancing darkness thats only showing itself to me.

*She lives master"*  My darkness whispers into my ear.

Keeping my composure, I look back down at the almost exiled lycan.

Narrowing my eyes, I hold my hand out, palm up, proceeding to strip her of her title.

Bella screams and I watch as her back arches and the red eyes that show alpha status fades to black.

"Wait!"

I glance over my shoulder and spot a wobbly, still bleeding Alex.

I arch a eyebrow and roll my eyes at her, shifting back.

Chey inhales sharply and blurs to her, pulling her into a gentle hug.

"What are you doing Alex? You need to be resting."

Everybody looks at me, eyes wide.

"You said she died." Max says, tears in his eyes.

I shrug and look back at Bella's shaking form.

"She did."

I don't even have to turn around to know their faces are shocked.

"Then how the fuck?!" Abbey screams, pulling her hair.

I glance at my sitting lycans and they shrug.

"You guys annoy me. The injury she sustained killed her before she even hit the ground. She died. The injury was huge, meaning it was going to take longer for her to heal."

They gasp and I roll my eyes.

I squat down and stare at Bella as she breathes hard.

I look in her eyes, the alpha in her barely there, holding on by a thread.

"If you knew she was going to live, why exile me? That makes no fucking sense!!" Bella screams.

I stare at her frowning, then shrug.

"Why scream? I can hear you. You killed her. She wasn't breathing, her heart wasnt beating for hours. She was dead. I didn't know she would heal until my darkness alerted me."